• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate and Psychoanalyse the AVATAR of the previous/last poster in this thread

Hurricane

Should be Easy Peezy

1) Give the person's (the most recent poster in the thread) avatar a score out of 10 (you can use originality, aesthetics, or impact or whatever you like)
2) Psychoanalyse the avatar and come up with some hypothetical reasons why you conjecture the person picked the avatar and the message/meaning the avatar sends.

Cheeky/provocative answers encouraged, Keep it good natured :)

HeathDavisSpeed

(1) 6 points
(2) Hurricane is obviously fixated on pure batting technique, hoping to see the ideal forward defensive played to any delivery in order to adjudicate whether the technique of the batsman is up to scratch. Based on this, his MBTI would INTP. The obsession with technique shows Hurricane has a defensive mindset, which translates to be "introspection". The N in the INTP is for Hurricane's nitpickkiness. It is clear from his obsession with the defensive technique that he will look to deconstruct anyone's technique - be it the batting technique, writing style or use of language. This is likely to extend to even examples that he has only a passing acquaintance with. The T is for Thinking. And it is likely that Hurricane is always thinking, particularly about taking people out to coffee - either to look to develop a new relationship or to understand why two personalities are struggling to gel. The P is for persuasion. Hurricane is clearly a fan of the novel, based on the fact that his avatar tells an age-old story. He is also quite adept at attempting to persuade others towards his viewpoint.

In summary, it's Mabo, it's the vibe.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
(1) 8 points - a neat and tidy image of an attractive looking bird

(2) Heef is a keen admirer of avian creatures. In many ways, I suspect he rather wishes he was one. His avatar reflects that he has a magisterial presence, with a keen eye and razor sharp talons (which are usually reserved for Prince EWS).

Francis

Sledger...

1) Seven - the colours are beautiful and it's easy to distinguish sledger when I'm quickly scrolling down the page.
2) I think he's like attracted to the art work of van Gough, with those bold brush strokes involved in that picture. Perhaps he's a little excentric, which is why he has a crazy avatar.

Oh dear, what will people say about Kevin Skinner when they analyze my avatar?

G.I.Joe

sledger

The bronzed skin tone suggests a natural affinity for sun and sand.
The yellow background gives away his sports team of choice.
The crazed expression on the face suggests an Amazonian outlook on life.
The facial structure is ambiguous as to gender.
The circular framing is evocative of smooth balls.

Conclusion - Brazilian tranny.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

Heath - 8/10 (F--- all you f---tards who posted as I wrote this!)

Some people aspire to own a Ferrari, others long for a Mercedes, and others that aim to project themselves as every man's man, well, they dream of driving a Kia! HeathDavisSpeed imagines himself as this man for everyone and drives a kia which resonates with his practical simplicity. Why take a cannon to a fight when a gun will do just as well?
In line with his simple approach, Heath is fond of puns. This can be traced back to his deep admiration of his father who was a budding dad-comedian ready to drop a pun into any situation. Heath drops puns all the time in his dry languid manner. "If you get it you get it and if you don't, who cares?" is his motto. Heath did not spend too long in choosing his punny avatar of the Kea and chuckles to himself every time he see's it. He is secretly livid that no one has lol'd him regarding it yet. In honour of Heath's likeable persona ...."lol".

Francis

Victor Ian

1) 7/10 - I can't tell whether this is a species of some sort on a twig, or a pillow with a stick on it, or a doughnut or some bizarre sort. You really have mastered the art of the mysterious avatar, and for that I commend you.

2) You're a sadist of some sort, who delights in confusing poor innocent people into thinking one thing and then another. You offer hope to the hopeless, and then you dash it away with your mysteriousness. People must be wary of you. But be careful that you don't lose yourself amidst the inner walls of your sub-consciousness. Hiiiiisssssss!

Gnske

Victor Ian

1) 7/10 - I can't tell whether this is a species of some sort on a twig, or a pillow with a stick on it, or a doughnut or some bizarre sort. You really have mastered the art of the mysterious avatar, and for that I commend you.

2) You're a sadist of some sort, who delights in confusing poor innocent people into thinking one thing and then another. You offer hope to the hopeless, and then you dash it away with your mysteriousness. People must be wary of you. But be careful that you don't lose yourself amidst the inner walls of your sub-consciousness. Hiiiiisssssss!
1) 10/10 - You clearly have elite taste in players. Of course I have no idea who that is in your avatar but having no knowledge of cricket myself, I can only presume the player is such an obscure legend that not only have you taken upon yourself to promote this person via every rare post you make, but to at the same time disparage them via the cunning use of a cross over his face.

2) You're a well-informed veteran who deserves only the most succulent of written fellatio from the new. You're witty, cunning and have a charming sense of humour, you're probably the best poster on this entire forum given your post-to-year ratio indicates you save your gospel for when it is most needed. You probably also believe anyone with over 2000 posts is an utter loser and rightly so, you've never been and never shall be wrong.

AndyZaltzHair

1) 10/10
2) because it perfectly describes gnske's epic reaction when watto retired. Crying and laughing at the same time and making a gesture in awe of watto's epic greatness; a true fan indeed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
10/10.

Some Bangladeshi player scoring a ton. Probably Aminul? Shows you a a Bangladesh test cricket fan instantly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Daemon,

6/10. Small/no avatar. He's too cool for a normal sized one. Projects that he doesn't care enough to fix if; most likely hasn't figured out how.

Last edited:

cpr

Pratters

6.4/10 - a simple example of a quaint little image that tries to portray a classic knowledge of the game of cricket, however cynics see a silly mutt that should never speak.

nice avatar too

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
cpr

6/10- it's small but visible

I'm assuming it's some "English" cricketers winning a domestic/international trophy with a heap of South Africans, Scots and Irishmen actually making up the majority of the team, but all I really notice is the drab greyness of the English sky behind them.

watson

Banned
Red Hill 9/10

The Avatar basically informs us that a laid back dude who really doesn't give a **** has just posted. Outstanding.