• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Say something Disrespectful about the Chinese National Anthem

Flem274*

123/5
he's probably not allowed to read 1984

can't wait until the ccp comes crashing down like all hyper-authoritarian shenanigans do. i wonder if winnie the xi has spent a day of being in power not looking over his shoulder?

in reality though i guess it will be the normal people who suffer when the ccp burn.

zorax

likes this
Haha I actually got a copy of 1984 recently. It's in my cupboard. Haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Hyped for the day CCP comes crashing down tbh. Hope it's in my lifetime

trundler

I'd have thought your spinelessness and need for sucking up to authority would make you ideal subjects. The CCP must be really really bad.

zorax

likes this
Are you entitled to a British passport zorax?
I was born here before handover, so I think eligible for BNO, but not sure. Definitely can't get a British passport

So today's Tiananmen Square massacre memorial vigils were banned by the government and police on health grounds (social distancing rules and such), but people said **** that and held vigils all over HK anyways. Beautiful to see, and thankfully the police stayed away and let people have their moment. Plenty of anti CCP chanting too - not sure if anyone mocked the national anthem during the vigils, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Two shandy-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. Zorax gave the CCP a like.
I'll never not get an odd sense of anxiety from that quote.

trundler

It truly shakes you to the core and makes you question everything you hold on to with certainty. I feel utterly powerless.

SillyCowCorner1

I dreamt that I was in China last night. At Tianmen sq.

They have converted it into a large market place. I was told by our guide that they had cameras everywhere...and then my mind crossed over to the setting of 1984...There was one of those telescreens on the head of a vegetable vendor.