• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep 2011 - Come on in and join the game...

Flyonthewall

Well, I seem to remember I was responsible for the unfortunate demise of the last Sheep thread. So I though, what better way to make amends than with the creation of a new Sheep thread. Both the Black and White variations of this game are to be encouraged. Hopefully we can get a few people interested, I know that it has been a popular game on CW in the past and I hope that that can be the same this time around!

If this can get enough interest I shall make up some questions for the first quiz, which shall most likely be Black Sheep.

Flyonthewall

OK, it sounds like we've already got a fair few willing participants, so I shall get to work on a first batch of questions.

For the benefit of Howe_zat and any others who may be new or have forgotten the rules, basically it starts off with the questionmaster asking the participants a selection of questions, all of which have multiple possible answers (e.g. name a former member of the USSR), on various categories (sport, entertainment, history, etc.)

In both Black Sheep and White Sheep, the most popular answer is the one that will give you the greatest number of points. However, the aims of the participants in each of these variations are very different. In White Sheep, the aim is to accrue as many points as possible, by giving the same answer as everyone else, whereas in Black Sheep, the aim is to give a unique answer and as such accrue the fewest number of points you possibly can.

Hope that makes some sense!

vcs

OK, it sounds like we've already got a fair few willing participants, so I shall get to work on a first batch of questions.

For the benefit of Howe_zat and any others who may be new or have forgotten the rules, basically it starts off with the questionmaster asking the participants a selection of questions, all of which have multiple possible answers (e.g. name a former member of the USSR), on various categories (sport, entertainment, history, etc.)

In both Black Sheep and White Sheep, the most popular answer is the one that will give you the greatest number of points. However, the aims of the participants in each of these variations are very different. In White Sheep, the aim is to accrue as many points as possible, by giving the same answer as everyone else, whereas in Black Sheep, the aim is to give a unique answer and as such accrue the fewest number of points you possibly can.

Hope that makes some sense!
In. Sounds interesting. The Black Sheep contest is surely a shoo-in for thierry henry... :ph34r:

Flyonthewall

Sooo, here we go with the first set of questions. This first round will be a game of Black Sheep, so remember you are looking to give an answer that you think noone else will come up with, as much as is possible.

Science and Technology
1. Name a two-digit number in The Fibonacci Sequence.
2. Name an element that was discovered before 1 A.D.

Entertainment and Culture
3. Name a film inspired by the Vietnam War.
4. Name a song on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" album.

History and Politics
5. Name an American President that was elected in the 19th Century.
6. Name a Civil War that happened in England.

Cricket
7. Name a player who has averaged between 5 and 10 with the bat in Test Matches.
8. Name a bowler who has taken 8 or more wickets in an innings on Test Debut.

Other Sports
9. Name a team who have won the Formula One Constructors' Championship.
10. Name a country to have participated in the first World Cup in 1930.

Cricket Web Forum
11. Name a batsman who has scored more than 1,000 runs for CW XI in Test Matches.
12. Name one of the article writers on this winter's Ashes HQ Blog.

Hopefully the questions will be alright, it's actually surprisingly hard to set questions, so I do hope they're not too easy or difficult. As I have no way of preventing searching for answers, I will allow it.

If all answers could be sent to jtrcrowther@hotmail.co.uk by 6:00 PM on the upcoming Wednesday it would be greatly appreciated. This should give everyone enough time to submit their answers, and for me to collate the results. I shall then slowly reveal these results. PLEASE remember to put your forum name at the bottom of the e-mail!

One final thing - the penalty for any incorrect answers to these questions will be the Number of the worst/most popular answer plus one, as per Black Sheep Rules in the past.

Happy Sheeping everyone! :)

Flyonthewall

As Shri kindly pointed out in his e-mail, I rather carelessly omitted the phrase "Association Football" from Question 10. Apologies.

So far responses have been received from:

GIMH
Howe_Zat
Samuel Vimes
Ginger Furball
Clapo
Corli
Biased Indian
Shri

Good work so far lads and lasses, thanks to everyone for their answers! :)

Shri

Massive lol at the fact that I just typed in the chemistry element I had the most trouble with in high school and it seems that it is the right answer.:laugh: