• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Trump with a judgement of 9? I guess all those comments about Hispanics and walls and insane non achievable political beliefs indicate good judgement??

Also you might be the only one here who opposes the Iran deal.

Also, welcome to the Trump club!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also Cruz. Leadership? Every senator who works with him hates him as do everyone he has ever worked with. If you're never able to get anyone to follow you, are you a good leader?

Hurricane

Trump with a judgement of 9? I guess all those comments about Hispanics and walls and insane non achievable political beliefs indicate good judgement??

Also you might be the only one here who opposes the Iran deal.

Also, welcome to the Trump club!!
Pure political popularist focus group tested vote getting motifs that were designed to make him not be a me too candidate.

Those are not the policies that score points with me. The following do:

1) His tax reform goals are the only ones that are sane. Along with Kasich.

2) His policies on trade are perfect.

3) He doesn't like the Iran deal and says he would break it somehow.

Hurricane

Why don't you like the Iran deal?
Can you expand on why the Iran deal is bad and how exactly the US got hoodwinked?
Because Fox NEWS tells me what to think and they are opposed to it :ph34r:

I think the clause that rankles with me is that they get to keep their nuclear reactor operational and the reasons are transparently deceitful and any negotiator should see through them.,

The reason Iran said it wouldn't completely abandon its nuclear reactor is that it (the reactor) is a great achievement for the Iranian people that they had built it, so for "nation building" reasons they would be keeping it open even though they would give an undertaking/gentleman's agreement not to use its capabilties.

JUST CLOSE IT and destroy it if you are serious.

Nation building yeah right. You want to keep your options open of using it to build weapons and don't want a 5 year set back of having to make a new reactor.

zorax

likes this
Thanks for the one or two likes you have thrown my way over the past few weeks Zorax. I have perceived them as olive branches. I will make up with you in a few months from now in due course.
They're sarcastic likes so don't bother.

Do continue making political analysis tho. I love a good laugh.

RossTaylorsBox

Under the deal Iran have to rebuild the Arak reactor and Natanz is under strict monitoring. You do know that nuclear reactors can be used for creating energy, right?

Hurricane

@Zorax You certainly have a lot of anger.

Please don't harass me then by posting sarcastic likes. Now that you have admitted they are sarcastic then I guess you would be up for an infraction of some sort if they continue but I am not a mod so that is their call.

Because of my christian beliefs I tend to try to see the good in people so assume that people mean things nicely when they like my posts but yes some people don't always mean well as you have illustrated here.

God speed with your life Zorax - like I said at the time of our spat - sometimes people patch these things up 4-6 months after a fight but it depends on the individuals concerned. It doesn't appear that we are the right mix of individuals to take that route/path.

I will be keeping you on ignore then. May you find much happiness in your endeavours whatever those may be.

Flem274*

123/5
nz v oz tour thread chapter 8 - the shitness continues

edit - **** is now unfiltered? or does it have to be part of shitness or shithead? yaassss

edit2 - hey GIMP you're a shithead

Last edited:

Hurricane

When did zorax V cane become a thing?
3 weeks ago. He was incensed and attacked me because I didn't give Adam Voges a standing ovation (even though ostensibly Zorax is not an Australian so should have no interest in the matter).
I told him where to take his opinions. He then launched into some bizarre paragraph long diatribe full of bile and hatred (judging from what little I saw of it) which had obviously been on his chest for quite some time. And now he seems to want to continue the fight at all costs.

I think his goal is to run me off the site. You would have to ask him why. I don't mean anyone any harm and am willing to shake his hand if he ever wants to move on from it. I am not emotionally caught up in it like he seems to be.

I personally feel he should be banned for being determined to feud with me.

zorax

likes this
When did zorax V cane become a thing?
Aus vs NZ thread. He was proven wrong about Voges, refused to admit it, I called him out on it, and then told me to stick to posting about the IPL, because apparently that's all I'm good for. So I ripped into him and now he doesn't like me, and is trying to act all 'holier-than-thou' about it.

He's a fairly condescending and stubborn poster to begin with. It's bad enough he is constantly forming his opinions and views on topics based off misinformation or his completely irrelevant life experiences, but then he never changes his views when confronted with logics and facts, and instead talks down at people like myself because he feels being an old christian fart who is still stuck in middle management mediocrity gives him some level of wisdom over us 'young angry kids', therefore making him better than us and elevating himself to a position of superiority.

The IPL comment was the straw that broke the camels back. I got no time or respect for posters like 'Cane.

Yeah, zorax, **** off with your whatever endeavours and veggie burgers and sarcastic olives
Veggie burgers with a side of sarcastic olives does sound pretty tempting right now tbh. And infinitely better than maggie.

Also yea the thread's been derailed sorry.

Tell us more about why the Iran deal is bad Hurricane.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Tbh, that any number of the likes I've gotten from zorax might have been sarcastic makes me like him more.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Frankly, even if someone as ridiculous as Trump died tomorrow, the success he's had so far means the damage is already done. It's a matter of time before someone truly dangerous uses his run as a template and actually does win a general election.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

Yeah.......no.

The voting thus far indicates otherwise. Plus, I don't that your average American wakes up in the morning and thinks "I really really wish I was a billionaire at the top of the heap." Just affording the Uni fees without having to work a second or third job is about as far as the desire would go I think.
Top cat is right. That's basically the American dream. They all aspire to be rich and therefore dont want higher taxes for the rich because "when" they become wealthy they will have to pay those taxes. The whole thing is a con.

Loose Cannon

Yep, took me ages to be fully convinced, but that is it.

US "land of opportunity" equates to Aus "land of the fair go". Equally deluded, ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Once your national identity is defined by such concepts, drilled into you over a lifetime, reality must contort and conform to these absolute truths. From outside though, the thought process just looks insane.