• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tendered his resignation now.

Cue the typical complaints about cancel culture but the bloke quite clearly has deeply set prejudices against black people (if only there were a word for this...).
I hope Darren Grimes can somehow not be a thing anymore as well. Utterly dreadful. No idea how he keeps getting invited on TV and whatever else.

"Oh, ahm suh gay and nurthern and poor, and me nan vuhted brexit"

flibbertyjibber

I hope Darren Grimes can somehow not be a thing anymore as well. Utterly dreadful. No idea how he keeps getting invited on TV and whatever else.

The trouble is the extremes of both sides like Grimes and Owen Jones seem to get more air time than anyone else these days and when I listen to both I shake my head in disbelief at the nonsense they chat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Victim angle. He's incredibly lightweight

weldone

lmao i didn't even see this one at first. legitimately one of the all time worst posts in this subforum.

take a month off and come back with a little less instinctive mistrust of jews, perhaps.
Mate,

As you have posted about the ban multiple times in this thread already I shall reply to you here itself. If that's against the rules, then you have broken it before me.

Firstly, the ban was not for one month but for one week. This means either a) you assigned the wrong duration, or, b) you can't count (which is a superset of 'a'), or c) you were lying.

Secondly, this send-off celebration from you after banning me was a bit Sreesanth-like.

Thirdly, just like your field of mathematics, antisemitism is an area for technical experts. If you read up on the subject and racism in general from work of scholars of repute, you'd know exactly what the words mean - what constitutes antisemitism and equally importantly what doesn't. You'd also know why designating non-racists as racists is harmful in the long-run, just as designating racists as non-racists is. Norman Finkelstein's mother survived the Warsaw Ghetto, the Majdanek concentration camp, and two slave labor camps. Her first husband died in war. Norman's father, active in Hashomer Hatzair, was a survivor of both the Warsaw Ghetto and the Auschwitz concentration camp. Norman later became one of the most well-known scholars in the world on the topic of antisemitism, Israel-Palestine conflict, and Holocaust. Read some books on the subject. Trust me, it will not make you less knowledgeable. And maybe you'd be able to quote someone of repute rather than our very own clueless Uppercut (lol) in your ban messages.

Last edited:

weldone

Haha no there's nothing wrong with the article. There's a clear difference between reasoned criticism of Israel and sharing an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory.
Lol.

"Unreasoned" criticism of Israel doesn't equate antisemitism, just like unreasoned criticism of Trump doesn't equate anti-Christian and unreasoned criticism of Modi doesn't equate anti-Hindu.

Unreasoned criticism of Israel is just that - unreasoned, illogical, and bad. But it doesn't automatically become anti-semitic.

Practise thinking. It is not a bad habit.

weldone

Also, I have a question to many of the regular posters on this thread (including but not limited to sledger, gimh, furball). I am not making any accusations but this is a genuine question. I am the only brown immigrant who regularly contributes to this thread. And I have noticed for a few months whenever I make a post here, regardless of the kind of post, many of you come as a group after me - mocking and ridiculing me, like a lynch mob trying to get me, trying to stop me posting here at any cost. Surprisingly, the same response isn't often seen in other threads in this sub-forum or any other. I also remember once gimh (perhaps annoyed at me for some reason) asked me why I am so interested in UK politics - and if I am even eligible to vote in the UK. I haven't asked such a question to him or anyone else. Which brings me to the question - are you just perturbed that I am poking my nose in an 'in-group'? If that's the case then please let me know. Again, it is not an accusation, but a genuine question.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Can't speak for any other occasion when you've felt unwelcome but any one of us would have copped a lot of **** if we'd unwittingly(?) wheeled out anti-Semitic tropes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Weldone when I asked you as to your eligibility to vote it was a genuine question. There was nothing loaded in it and I don't think I've ever questioned your interest.

I think your views are bad and seem to fit that sort of London Labour middle class not of this world kind of thing. Nothing to do with your skin colour, if anything I think it's something I expect of white folk more. I pour scorn over most of the opinions in here because quite frankly unless you're signing along to anatomy of the state you're full of **** as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, over the last decade we've butted heads plenty, we will again. I'm disappointed you'd ask if the colour of your skin is why I challenge your politics.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mods, please let me know if this kind of posting is allowed here. If allowed, then every time gimh posts in any thread from today onwards, I am going to reply with a 'get him out of here'.
After a ban whether you like it or not replying to all the posts replying to the ones that you got banned for is not the done thing

weldone

I didn't reply to all the posts. Spark made two posts about the ban (three including the ban announcement thread) - I replied to only one of them. I don't see any reason he'd make so many posts about it if he doesn't want to discuss. Anyways, if he tells me to stop posting about it I shall. He is the powerful one here of course.

Anyways, I have already said what I had to say about it - so no more posts on this subject from me unless provoked.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
Getting a ban for a line of posting is generally a pretty clear indication that a poster shouldn't return to said line of posting (which, in fairness, you haven't done thematically). But if it takes a mod post to get you to move on from the tedium of passive aggressive meta posting, here it is.