• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BNP got their first seat in the London Assembly after receiving 5% of the vote

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, 5% is really high actually, because it's likely to be mainly white Brits voting for them, and what percentage of London fits that demographic?

PhoenixFire

Yeah, when you put it into context that 1 our every 20 people who voted, voted for them. Still, what percentage of the electorate actually voted, because I'll bet that <5% of ethnic minorities actually voted.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was a 45% turnout, not bad for a local election, even a high profile one like this

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nationally? Sorry I was talking about the London elections, had no idea how the BNP did in the council elections, assuming they didn't do much due to a lack of publicity

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I see. Well turnout for council elections is never really very high, elected mayors would be the way to go IMO

PhoenixFire

Oh well, unless there is some monumental change in opinion, it looks like Cameron is going to win the next general election. He might not be as dire as most Tories, but he's still a ****.

Barney Rubble

Boris Johnson. :laugh:

The British George Dubya? Idiot with rampantly conservative views and a penchant for saying ridiculous things and getting himself into trouble, occupying a position of power. I'd say so.

I'm not usually the type to bitch about "the state of the nation", but FFS, as soon as Obama gets elected I'm moving to the States.

PhoenixFire

Brown has messed up his term, but I think he was unlucky to have his term coincide with the credit-crunch and general economic unstability. I think there has a been only a few issues that he has messed up and add that to the economic situation, things are being made to seem a lot worsr than they are.

Flem274*

123/5
Bring back John Prescott IMO, him flailing around with his fists is so entertaining.

I've heard nasty things about the Liberal Democrats too, from what I've been told they are the English equivalent of the Green Party. Need to get rid of both IMO.

Jamee999

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'

cpr

Ah John Prescott...

'Look at me, i've got bulemia, i eat and eat and eat and then i sick it all back up again'

Thats gluttony you fat ****

Browns revelling in his own mess, any economic struggle has at least some blame in the previous leader/chancellor for not protecting enough against it. Considering he's been balancing the books for 10 years, he didnt leave enough in the kitty for a rainy day, hence the utter travesty of abolishing the 10p tax, thats REALLY bit him, and its his fault

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think you've gone a little overboard actually Barney, and surely anything is an improvement on that **** Livingston?

As for Cameron, great man, he'll be a great Prime Minister. Just in case anyone was yet to notice this, I'm a Conservative. There you go, I said it. There go my chances in BOTM IV!