• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Travel thread

Smudge

So not quite the UK or Hong Kong but I'm off to Tasmania in August for a week before 3 nights in Melbourne before heading back to Wellington. Open to ideas of things to do (other than "leave").
Three nights in Hobart, then hiring a car and heading up to Launceston, Burnie, stop in at Cradle Mountain, will spend a night in Strahan then back to Hobart for a night or two before heading to Melbourne. Like the officious bastard I am, I've already booked the hotels & car..

Burgey

Heading to Hong Kong for 5 days in September. Primarily for a concert.

No doubt many of you have been before, any insider tips, which area to stay, etc?
zorax is probably best placed to give you a seven page dissertation of useless info on the joint which you won’t use, written in a bombastic and inappropriately hubristic style. It’s his specialty.

Daemon

Off to Israel and Jordan for vacation in mid July then London straight after for work.

Haven't told the ex (we broke up because of LDR) yet that I'll be in town..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not the worst time one could visit itbt. If you do give us a shout etc.

Went to Crete last week. Really enjoyable. Though people are not kidding when they call it the wild west of Greece. Government presence there is...not exactly strong. I saw bullet holes in many street signs, which was both amusing and alarming.

Daemon

Not the worst time one could visit itbt. If you do give us a shout etc.

Went to Crete last week. Really enjoyable. Though people are not kidding when they call it the wild west of Greece. Government presence there is...not exactly strong. I saw bullet holes in many street signs, which was both amusing and alarming.
China trip done?

vogue

Do I book in an England trip for late-September?
Well it’s not a bad time, schools are back so quiet for tourist stuff if you rather children not around. Weather wise.. it can be a tad cold but changeable so sometimes we have a warm spell or too. Edging towards Autumn so if you like that season... it can be quite pretty and colourful tree wise.
Favourite time of mine, but wouldn’t do October. September better.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Going on a 15 day Europe trip sometime in Nov-Dec.

My friend works and lives in Geneva and will be with me so we’ll start there but what else would you guys recommend?

I haven’t been to before, we’ll probably be staying in backpacker type accomadation.

I’m really up for anything and know that 2 weeks is a short time so I don’t want to rush it to see as many places as possible but want to enjoy a few places. At the same time, obv don’t want to stay in Switzerland throughout. Also will definitely go back in the near future so have no fomo.

Also would love specific tips/comments/experiences.

Last edited:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I would think somewhere in the lower continental Europe would be better to visit in the winters, wouldn't it? Should be warmer I would think.