• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's a politics question you've always wanted to ask Cribb but haven't [...]?

GoodAreasShane

Thanks for that, appreciate your response. Frankly the question came to mind just after talking to a mate, he wants to do some renovations but as the house is full of asbestos he has been pretty much bound and gagged by kilometres of red tape

Shady Slim

i understand that you’re an anarchist and not a full blown libertarian now but i would assume you’d still heavily identify and relate to large parts of libertarianism

so here’s my question; how does it make you feel that especially in the west many prominent libertarians and self identified libertarians or free speech advocates or small government advocates nowadays don’t actually stand for those things when they’re put under scrutiny, and really most of them are just neocons who want to say the n word and not get harangued for doing it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Being a mod of a privately owned forum doesn't go against his ideals. He's not asking you to pay up just so you can post here (although in your case maybe he should).
To be fair to zorax and his **** trolling there, some anarchists oppose all heirarchy. I'm regularly told that I'm "not a real anarchist" by such people, but I don't really care what label you give me. If I'm not a real anarchist that's fine -- I still think everything I believe is internally consistent regardless of what it's called. I think voluntaryist fits me best but it's a also a crap inside baseball term so I used anarchist there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i understand that you’re an anarchist and not a full blown libertarian now but i would assume you’d still heavily identify and relate to large parts of libertarianism

so here’s my question; how does it make you feel that especially in the west many prominent libertarians and self identified libertarians or free speech advocates or small government advocates nowadays don’t actually stand for those things when they’re put under scrutiny, and really most of them are just neocons who want to say the n word and not get harangued for doing it
I'm still absolutely a libertarian ftr; I've just followed it to what I think is its natural conclusion. There are lots of anarchists in the 'libertarian movement' for lack of a better phrase and we mostly get along fine with the non-anarchists.

As for the question:

how does it make you feel that especially in the west many prominent libertarians and self identified libertarians or free speech advocates or small government advocates nowadays don’t actually stand for those things when they’re put under scrutiny, and really most of them are just neocons who want to say the n word and not get harangued for doing it
Yeah this sucks.

Shady Slim

I'm still absolutely a libertarian ftr; I've just followed it to what I think is its natural conclusion. There are lots of anarchists in the 'libertarian movement' for lack of a better phrase and we mostly get along fine with the non-anarchists.

As for the question:

Yeah this sucks.
i imagine all of those "intellectual darkweb" types **** you up the wall too for the same reason

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cribbage, now that Dave Smith is a Christian Conservative, do you accept that is the only acceptable path?

And second question, do you find in-jokes annoying, especially when they're dated and not that funny anyway?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the Cribbertopia way of dealing with a pandemic? Plow on and let survival of the fittest decide things?

Spark

Global Moderator
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the Cribbertopia way of dealing with a pandemic? Plow on and let survival of the fittest decide things?
Presumably it would be that a society can still be a society without an overarching state that needs to use force, so you would see voluntary quarantines without force, private testing and treatment and allocation of resources etc etc.

I personally don't see how you can make any of that work without some level of centralised distribution and coercive restrictions on movement and free association and what have you. Maybe it's not ~the state~ imposing such restrictions and maybe the levers aren't at gunpoint, but it's not like guns are the literally only way the state imposes laws anyway and at that point I start to question what exactly delineates ~the state~ from not ~the state~. But it's not my thread so

Last edited:

Uppercut

Not my thread either and obvs I don't agree with it, but it's a categorical philosophy. If it produces bad outcomes then it produces bad outcomes - that doesn't make it OK to use violence to try to engineer different outcomes.