• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's a politics question you've always wanted to ask Cribb but haven't [...]?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cribb, what is your stance on the idea of individuals being given moral rights in relation to artistic works they create?

Uppercut

Are you willing to accept substantial tax increases and nationalisation of heavy industry to fight Cribbertopia's existential war against Authoricommunistia?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cribbage, now that the cat is out of the bag, how does it feel to know you only have the second most BOTM titles amongst limited government crusaders everywhere?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cribbage, now that the cat is out of the bag, how does it feel to know you only have the second most BOTM titles amongst limited government crusaders everywhere?
Try winning one now that people know you're a libertarian. I did it the hard way.

GoodAreasShane

Now I have a serious, if somewhat random, question. Do you think some level of government regulaton is justified wrt asbestos removal? Just curious

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Now I have a serious, if somewhat random, question. Do you think some level of government regulaton is justified wrt asbestos removal? Just curious
Contrary to my position 4-5 years ago when this thread was started, I'm an anarchist. And I don't think the asbestos question is so fundamental that I'd decide we needed to set up a glorified mafia that murdered, kindnapped, imprisoned, propagandised, extorted and threatened people and funded this all through a complex system of theft to do away with it.

I don't think having a state is entirely necessary to solve the issue, and even if I did I'd honestly rather live with the absestos than live with the State. Eventually I hit a point where I realised basing my political position on what I thought the state should do would be a bit like having a firm opinion on what Al Capone should've done -- the state is what it is and you take it or leave it.

Looking past anarchist utopias into the real world and slightly winding back what I said, I don't believe government agents have any rights the rest of us don't, but I also don't believe they lack rights the rest of us have. If your next door neigbour was making you sick by storing a lot of aebestos I think you'd be totally within your rights to demand he pay your medical bills, let alone within your rights to remove the ****. In a world where government exists I don't really mind them doing that, in the same way I wouldn't mind you organising it yourself, or convincing Al Capone to do it for you. I don't love the theft that comes along with the cost of that, but I'd certainly rather it be spent on that than droning people at weddings that uncles of terrorists may or may not have attended.

Last edited:

ataraxia

Contrary to my position 4-5 years ago when this thread was started, I'm an anarchist. And I don't think the asbestos question is so fundamental that I'd decide we needed to set up a glorified mafia that murdered, kindnapped, imprisoned, propagandised, extorted and threatened people and funded this all through a complex system of theft to do away with it.

I don't think having a state is entirely necessary to solve the issue, and even if I did I'd honestly rather live with the absestos than live with the State. Eventually I hit a point where I realised basing my political position on what I thought the state should do would be a bit like having a firm opinion on what Al Capone should've done -- the state is what it is and you take it or leave it.

Looking past anarchist utopias into the real world and slightly winding back what I said, I don't believe government agents have any rights the rest of us don't, but I also don't believe they lack rights the rest of us have. If your next door neigbour was making you sick by storing a lot of aebestos I think you'd be totally within your rights to demand he pay your medical bills, let alone within your rights to remove the ****. In a world where government exists I don't really mind them doing that, in the same way I wouldn't mind you organising it yourself. I don't love the theft that comes along with the cost of that, but I'd certainly rather it be spent on that than droning people at weddings that uncles of terrorists may or may not have attended.
Which type of anarchist are you? A normal anarchist or a person who cares about living: https://www.theguardian.com/austral...wn-on-secondary-boycotts-of-mining-companies?