• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v West Indies (3rd April)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Why is it that every time someone uses the word choke there has to be a 10 page long discussion on it's definition and it's appropriateness in the situation? Honestly the most boring thing to read after chucking debates and NZ threads. People use it differently and to mean different things, so just cop it on the nut or call the person a **** and move on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why is it that every time someone uses the word choke there has to be a 10 page long discussion on it's definition and it's appropriateness in the situation? Honestly the most boring thing to read after chucking debates and NZ threads. People use it differently and to mean different things, so just cop it on the nut or call the person a **** and move on.
Currently trying to decide how to start a thread about all three things that annoy you

Choking Chucking Kiwis is the working title

hendrix

New to cricket in that I don't really follow it much but that final was very interesting. Can see myself getting into it although I don't mind playing it tbf.

I wanted to ask who you guys think would have won if it were New Zealand in place of England? Seeing as I'm told NZ play a new type of fearless cricket.
Nah that's just the stuff journalists write to fill in articles and create memes - when NZ wins they talk about it, when they lose it's forgotten. The reality is that NZ didn't have the batting to win this tournament.

hendrix

Yes it's all down to God that you won, obviously. And now bringing up the Mark Nicholas article.

These WI interviews are weird.
It's really petty, same team culture that made Ramdin hold up his sign. They must think that if they talk about it more, it makes them more criticised than other teams. Obvioulsy not, that only happens in test cricket, where half these players couldn't give a ****.
Yeah imo it's another sign of a dysfunctional organisation - increased insularity, hyper-sensitivity to criticism, holding onto personal grudges - and while people will point to them winning the tournament as some kind of justification for it, this result will likely just paper over the cracks. The issues in WI cricket will still remain, and it would be dangerous for WI (both players and administrators) to think that the end justifies the means.
+1.

Really childish.

I believe that 100% of the winnings go to the players as well. The same guys that tried to rip off their compatriots by boycotting the tournament.

Great for Brathwaite, C. Not so great for Brathwaite, K.

Which would be fine if the test and domestic players were given the same level of support, but they're not.

We saw the type of support Holder for from Samuels et al in Australia. Shane Warne may be a dick but so is Marlon.

mr_mister

Along with the quotes mentioned in the article, Warne would lay into Samuels even in the field during the series just gone by against Aus. I remember Marlon had his hands in his pockets between balls and Warne ripped into him for 'not wanting to be there' and 'not having passion'. It was uncalled for, he has serious beef with the man

Shady Slim

i picked the right guy to have a soft spot for

thanks carlos for being a windies player who plays with spirit and drive even in the long game

flibbertyjibber

Currently trying to decide how to start a thread about all three things that annoy you

Choking Chucking Kiwis is the working title
Just start one on Jesse Ryder, he bound to have choked someone in a fight, chucked after boozing and is a Kiwi. All covered.

Cruxdude

The way Warne laid into Samuels during the semi-finals was not really professional. Deserves every comment that Samuels throws at him now who by the way has more WCs than him now :P

Black_Warrior

Stokes bowled 4 length balls in the final over of a t20 game. anyone trying to claim that is not a choke is just trying to be nice to stokes or is an english fan...

Good to see we aren't the only ones chocking this tournament. We can be joined on the podium by mister stokes ( or is it chokes now ;P) and bangladesh.

Yes , go and compare the deliveries he bowled to braithwaite in this game compared to the length he hit vs sri lanka in that final over. The one over was yorkers or very low full tosses at worse while this was length that braithwaite could get under and smack.
People who claim South Africa choke every time they lose are ****s who don't actually follow South African cricket enough to know their strengths, weaknesses and what they are capable of. I understand that it is frustrating for a fan to have to deal with ignorant comments like that. But now you're stooping to their level. This is uncalled for.

Waqar Younis, the best bowler of yorkers? I have seen Waqar Younis bowl low full tosses or half volleys when trying to bowl yorkers.

Ok some people here might not remember who he is.

Mitchell Starc? Best bowler of yorkers today? I have seen him bowl these low full tosses or half volleys at times.

Every time a cricketer makes a mistake does not make it a choke. It's just that - a mistake.

Cruxdude

Also **** the elitists who will bring up the topic of WI being **** at tests instead of talking about what an awesome year the WI have had. They are wonderful in this format and are a sight for sore eyes.