• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
zorax
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Meant to say we played without our 2 best bowlers for first two tests, and without our best bowler for these conditions all series.. So not that bad if you look at it that way.
    Yep.. It was really sad he was trying so hard and doing so much when his role was clear. I thought he had turned a corner from his spells in RSA and earlier in the series where he went for consistency more than flash but here it was bad. Still, I think we lost it in our first innings batting. Unlike Edgbaston where we got unlucky with the clouds, here it was still good batting conditions and we just collapsed for no reason. 400 in the first innings would have changed everything. That is where we lost the game, and the series. Still not too perturbed, we played with our 2 best seamers for 2 tests and 1 for entire series. Just wish our batting can sort itself out. Maybe Jaddu for Pandya at the Oval?
    Cool. Hope you watch as much of the games as you can this series. Shaping up to be an amazing one. Do you think Kohli will retain the same side?
    I have taken my fair share of jokes here and you know it sir. :) Its a problem when its people whom I really do not respect or care for their opinions. Anyways, will see how it goes. :)

But how do you manage to catch the games? Are you still in Uni or you working full time now?
    Yep.. I feel Ash might be key here for some reason. Lets hope for the best.. BTW, what's this with you dribbling around in Powerpoint? My work demands me to do lots of slides and spreadsheets too, so if you are into that it might help if you can take a look at some of the stuff I do and give some suggestions. Hit me up on my gmail. Its the same id as here.

And sure, I will see if I can post in the match thread. The gang mentality is not in my mind though, I have actually seen it develop and evolve and be what it is today in CW. I do not mean everyone in the clique will have same opinions but just pointing out they do gang up and it is just 4 or 5, unfortunately they also post the most here apart from you. :)
    The level of personal convo we can have here is amazing but when its not the right type of people, it can get irritating like it has done for me.. I too prefer the forum format and I get that ifx of mine through a movie forum and a tennis forum I have signed up at. Trust me, it has been fun. I guess it shows how good CW used to be that I have to now post in 3 places to get the same thing where it used to be just CW, but things change. :) I guess if some of the general posting and posters did improve here, I will start posting again but for now, I am good lurking. :)

Lets talk cricket though. How good is Kohli? And Ash? :D

EDIT: putting it as two messages as there seems to be a char limit on VMs. TIL. :p
    Lol.. when I said clique I did not mean people do not disagree with each other. Its just that there is a group 5 or 6 posters who post everywhere and when you argue with one of them, you end up arguing with all of them, especially when it comes down to politicking. I have been in CW for ages and I could easily see the forum going to the shits the last 2 or 3 years and knew there will be a day when I would have had enough. In fact, I had a long series of mails with James himself on this and I could see even he was tired of trying to bring sanity here. So I just knew it was time to get out. Reddit and CW are similar but Reddit just has much more numbers and once you figure out how to sort through the good posters, as I said its much better and more fun.
    Yeah, but I used to think like that coz earlier times when I was nnot on CW I used to miss it. But I am honestly telling u the reddit threads have much better discussion than CW these days. :) As I said, I only came back coz I wanna read the 80% posters' opinion that I do respect here. I get my fix of cricket posting from other channels now. But I would very much like to do the podcast and I also want to write for Dan's site. That is primarily why I am here. Maybe we can discuss cricket here over VMs. :) Laughing at myself and taking things less seriously will all work when you got posters with opinions you can respect. Now you just have the biased clique of 20% posters still running the asylum here and that is really not fun for me.

Things are good with me too. I am finally in a more settled role at work with lesser last minute travelling. So that helps. Been blessed with a baby girl earlier this year too. So getting busy with real life stuff. :)
    Lol.. I am not gonna be posting here :) I can see who does the most posting now and you know what I think of them or their opinions on anything, really. I have been on reddit cricket a lot and found it much more enjoyable. Still can't resist coming in here and checking out posts of the guys I do respect though. I will check with quicy on the podcast then. Was surprised since u usually post it on reddit and I have not seen even one in my active period there. How s your life gng btw?
    Can you remove the "don't think it'll end well" from my post that you quoted?

Also thanks for the sentiment <3
    Hey buddy, didn't know you didn't want to talk about it here, else wouldn't have asked.
    The students were protesting peacefully as accidents are very common. No rules, no road permit for the buses etc etc. We all were with them. Everything was very peaceful. But all of a sudden day before yesterday goons started attacking them injuring many. Now the government denying that they dont know who were these attackers but people here suspect its their people. Also the police attacked the students in many places. The situation here is not good at all. Police also started arresting people who are raising their voice for the students and activists for the movement. The road transportation system is the worst in BD.
    Yeah, I think you know that you've been living on the edge for a while now.

Also, learn to report posts. I had to go through that ATG thread myself right now. Ugh.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…