• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20th Match - Sri Lanka v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Australia keep winning even though they've had dodgy periods in every match. If they somehow manage to win this World Cup, I'll probably stop watching this tournament haha.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

I’m so glad that Nuwan Pradeep’s batting is still what it is. It means there’s something in internationals where I can genuinely say ‘I could’ve done that.’

Raghav

Good game for Udana, put some brakes to aus innings. SL will need to get their batting sorted, especially after the start they had - this game should've been pushed deep but they failed.

stephen

Starc is now 12th on the list of world cup wicket takers with the lowest average and strike rate of anyone on the list.

morgieb

Really bad innings management from Sri Lanka. The fact that Maxwell bowled his 10 and went under 5 is disgraceful.

the big bambino

Is this type of racist filth allowed on these forums? There is nothing funny about it.
It might just be funny to a racist nation like Australia but not to other people.
A reference to a South African's comments about Sri Lankans means Australia is racist! This idiotic haste to invent an offence to express your own bigotry is a real CW treat.

Yes. Typically ignorant bogan comment.
Its always good to make a comment about racism by dealing in stereotypes.

Bahnz

There’s something off with DWL if it would award Sri Lanka the game with 95/1 after 20. I was following last night and even when Sri Lanka were 100/0 after 13 , all it took was a casual glance at their middle order to know Australia were still heavy favourites.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Seems like Sri Lanka completely bottled it to me. At 0-87 off 10 there were in a commanding position, turned it off and switched over to Le Mans expecting SL to polish off our score in under 40

GoodAreasShane

True, it's more just how the whole team just looked shell shocked and unsure of how to stem the flow of runs. It's not often that a team can be reeled back after making such a commanding start to a run chase

mr_mister

I think it was always obvious once Perera and Dimuth fell it was curtains. Have been their strongest two bats for a while now

Maximas

I think it was always obvious once Perera and Dimuth fell it was curtains. Have been their strongest two bats for a while now
With Matthews and Mendis at the crease and Thisara in the sheds I had hope, but Dimuth going when he did after crawling through the 80s and 90s was a hammer blow too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WI and SL performances have been very aggravating. We've talked of how the rain has ruined things and how the format is going to create a bunch of dead games in the coming week but that is only because of how lacking in game sense both teams have been. If they were any good they could still get on the comeback trail and make a dent on the points table; they have games against Ind, SA, Eng, NZ, BD, AFG remaining. That these future matchups inspire no hope in fans is due to their incompetence and nothing else.
Both teams have actually been slightly less **** than I was expecting tbh.

Arachnodouche

^Is the Edit function not quite right on cell phones? The screen opens and just as I'm editing it reloads and deletes my original comment.