• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What's most annoying is that the residents had kept raising issues about fire safety for months before this and not much was done to address their concerns.

Burgey

If that's the case the building owner will be sued into oblivion. Cold comfort for anyone who's lost a loved one of course.

ImpatientLime

my cousin lives one street over and has been evicted from her place in case the tower comes down.

i work in north acton and as the tube came up from underground into white city this morning the carriage filled up with the smell of burning debris. it was ****ing horrendous. smoke all over west london.

some of the stories from eye witnesses are tragic.

_Ed_

I had nightmares about things like this when I was a kid. Absolutely horrifying. Can't imagine what it's like to actually experience it.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Supposedly a lot of those complaints were before a refurb - not sure if the reno did anything about those, though.

Burgey

London again. Finsbury Park Mosque - driver ran over several people outside the mosque apparently. Bloody awful.

flibbertyjibber

London again. Finsbury Park Mosque - driver ran over several people outside the mosque apparently. Bloody awful.
Shame they can't string the bastard who did it up. Hope he never sees anything other than the outer walls of a prison again and they catch his mates who ran off.

Only thing that is a surprise is that it has not happened before with muslims being targetted particularly at that mosque given the notoriety it once had.

Burgey

Have the reports about him having other people with him been confirmed? I haven't caught the latest.

flibbertyjibber

Have the reports about him having other people with him been confirmed? I haven't caught the latest.
Just seen an interview with a guy who helped restrain him and he says he only saw one guy in van. Not saying there weren't others who ran off but he only saw one.

Burgey

Yeah I just saw an update via the Met Police who said they aren't looking for anyone else, rejected earlier reports of others involved. I suppose they looked at the cctv and worked it out.

fredfertang

Some pretty commendable restraint shown by the people at the scene by the sound of it.
Obviously nothing good comes out of incidents like this, but this does at least provide a glimmer of hope that society isn't going totally to ratshit