• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

SillyCowCorner1

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, this happened off a (leg-side) wide in one of the matches I saw in the West Indies. I'll see if I can dig it up

Edit: Got it
This is completely different from the decision where an LBW is given, and the ball runs away to the boundary for four runs, only for it to be overturned.

I'll channel my inner Slippy, it's a misunderstood game this.

trundler

Fairly certain I'm the only one who's been watching the Pakistan Cup.

Imam ul Haq is a hack and his success has come against crap sides only. Bats too slow and doesn't seem to have a very high ceiling. Reminds me of Ramiz Raja. I'd much rather have Abid Ali or Khurram Manzoor in the side instead of him. Sharjil Khan and briefly, Nasir Jamshed were better too. He's been very fortunate to face some Zimbabwe B teams. Overrated hack. Didn't even do anything of note in PSL.

trundler

Yeah, his star crashed all too soon. He was awesome for a year or 2. Very flamboyant. There was also a time when some said Umar Akmal > Virat though :laugh:

SillyCowCorner1

Jamshed was a fat boi, plain and simple...but he still got a run in the National team.

If Rakheem Cornwall was Pakistani, he might have been a veteran of 50 tests by now

AndrewB

Anyone else really tired of the phrase "long levers/handle"?
"He turned round and introduced himself with the remark, 'They're using the long handle.' When a stranger says that to you at Lord's, you know at once that your day is spoilt." - AA Milne, in a Punch article from 1912.