• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Keto Diet

harsh.ag

It's a tool for short term weight loss, if someone needs to.

For anything more long term, a low carb diet is the way to go. That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

Lillian Thomson

Like most fad diets it's pointless and unsustainable. Just work within what you enjoy (unless that's just crisps and chocolate, in which case you're dead anyway) and you won't go wrong as long as you limit your intake using common sense.

vcs

My eating habits are terrible. But I'd hate to go on a diet. I just cover ~10K a day and hope that's enough to keep me in shape. Sometimes when work is busy or I'm feeling especially lazy on weekends, that drops to 8K and I start putting on weight.

MrPrez

Tried it for a few months and it worked kind of well, but I then started having light-headed flashes and the like so I stopped.

It must be the easiest "diet" to do as you still get to eat lots of nice food but I'm sceptical about the long-term issues.

Flem274*

123/5
It's a tool for short term weight loss, if someone needs to.
still no point tho, just go for a run. even better mix low intensity high distance stuff like running with something high intensity like kick boxing.

at the risk of going full social, i don't really have that much weight to lose in the first place, but was definitely showing the beginnings of a skinny mans beer gut and i've lost 4kg in about 6 weeks of actual exercise despite a few solid weekends of beer and double mcchickens. i've massively cut down on the fizzy drinks and boosted the fruits but given i should never be left in a room with an unsupervised block of chocolate...

there are no shortcut miracle diets to weight loss. diet absolutely helps but if you don't have the drive to get home and cook up some posh green hippie meal just smash out some kilometres. i know weight is really hard to lose once you've got it and there's plenty of fit blokes with a bit of a belly but hey, better to be fit and cuddly than skinny and a ****ing lunatic suffering a heart attack.

Last edited:

Daemon

still no point tho, just go for a run. even better mix low intensity high distance stuff like running with something high intensity like kick boxing.

at the risk of going full social, i don't really have that much weight to lose in the first place, but was definitely showing the beginnings of a skinny mans beer gut and i've lost 4kg in about 6 weeks despite a few solid weekends of beer and double mcchickens. i've massively cut down on the fizzy drinks and boosted the fruits but given i should never be left in a room with an unsupervised block of chocolate...

there are no shortcut miracle diets to weight loss. diet absolutely helps but if you don't have the drive to get home and cook up some posh green hippie meal just smash out some kilometres. i know weight is really hard to lose once you've got it and there's plenty of fit blokes with a bit of a belly but hey, better to be fit and cuddly than skinny and a ****ing lunatic suffering a heart attack.
This is wrong, diet is more important than exercise when it comes to weight.

See rule 1.

Flem274*

123/5
This is wrong, diet is more important than exercise when it comes to weight.

See rule 1.
i kind of acknowledge that in my post before saying who gives a ****.

if you're eating less you have less energy and will be ****ing miserable and less healthy than someone who actually eats and exercises.

EDIT - i just saw you bolded.

shortcut miracle diets = keto. proper diets = good.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
I’m forever stuck in the 85-95 kilo zone at 6’0. It’s like my body actively resists going below dadbod zone and I’m super fatigued when I manage it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Exercise is generally beneficial to one's health but it's a total meme when it comes to weight loss. It can accelerate weight loss or prevent dramatic weight gain but if your lifestyle has led to you becoming a fat **** like I am you're not going to lose weight by going for a walk every night -- you'll just gain it slightly slower. Ultimately you need to eat less ****ing calories.

Flem274*

123/5
85 kilos and 6 foot sounds pretty good tbh. i think that makes you ben smith.
Exercise is generally beneficial to one's health but it's a total meme when it comes to weight loss. It can accelerate weight loss or prevent dramatic weight gain but if your lifestyle has led to you becoming a fat **** like I am you're not going to lose weight by going for a walk every night -- you'll just gain it slightly slower. Ultimately you need to eat less ****ing calories.
no one argued this

harsh.ag

Was talking about real short term btw. Ketosis leads to a short period of quick water weight loss (plus fat). Obviously, exercise on top would be a boost.

Not that I know ketosis is the best way to lose some weight in the short term. It's a way.

So, if you have to meet your ex next week, and want to lose a few, you can do worse than going into ketosis.

Flem274*

123/5
Provided you are a professional sportsman and your weight is in muscle rather than a beer belly sure.
true, there's plenty of guys with either sam whitelock or aaron smith numbers who very much don't look like sam whitelock or aaron smith.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Obv not a sportsman but have a fair amount more muscle than average at 87 right now. Just also have a bit of a belly that’s impossible to dispose off.

Last edited:

Burner

Recently I feel very full quickly into a meal. Most of that is probably due to skipping lunch for a long time but it has got me very skinny now. Not a fan tbh. I'd rather be a little chubby with some muscle on than skinny fit.

anil1405

I’m forever stuck in the 85-95 kilo zone at 6’0. It’s like my body actively resists going below dadbod zone and I’m super fatigued when I manage it.
Pretty much the same. i am 6'0 and keep fluctuating between 85-90. 3-4 days a week of playing a sport helps me be in moderate shape.

I am with everyone who recommends having a balanced diet. Quick fixes for getting slimmer harms you even more in the long run. Fatigue being a classic example that you've mentioned.

Try watching Rujuta Diwekar videos if you can. She makes so much sense when it comes to nutrition and staying fit.