• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obituary Column

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Vale. I'm just a bit too young to remember the great man in action, but his fearsome reputation echoed down the footballing generations.

flibbertyjibber

This coronavirus has been a right **** to some British celebrities this week. Do one you **** unless you take the likes of Glitter and Rolf Harris.

duffer

I watched The Lunchbox a couple of months ago. Fantastic actor and by all accounts a good bloke. This hits hard.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jill Gascoigne aged 83. Good actress, was quite hot in middle age.
Indeed. Saw her in 42nd Street in the West End opposite a very young, pre-Darling Buds Catherine Zeta Jones when I was a bairn.

She must've been nudging if not actually 50 by then and you still would've.

Been ill for a long time, as one understands. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease. Vale.

wpdavid

Footballer Trevor Cherry has departed aged 72
Yes, it's been a rotten time for Leeds fans lately. Trevor was famously sent off for being punched by Daniel Bertoni, in order to placate the locals when their man saw red for removing two of our man's teeth.
Best wishes to family and friends.