• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

andruid

National Dailies in Kenya ran a front page claiming 17 legislators had contracted Covid-19 only for it to turn out to be fake news.

Bahnz

Infection rates starting to really climb in west Africa. Also read last night that Bangladesh only has about 1500 ventilators in the entire country.

Burgey

All these wankers making out people over 70 will happily lay down their lives for the economy. This is a generation which wouldn’t give up negative gearing multiple properties or cash handouts for franking credits last year, yet their entitled children are writing articles saying they’re confident they’d literally die for the economic benefit of others?

Spare me this ****. They’re the worst, most selfish generation in human history

Daemon

All these wankers making out people over 70 will happily lay down their lives for the economy. This is a generation which wouldn’t give up negative gearing multiple properties or cash handouts for franking credits last year, yet their entitled children are writing articles saying they’re confident they’d literally die for the economic benefit of others?

Spare me this ****. They’re the worst, most selfish generation in human history
Indeed. That’s not how your generation raised them, how did they turn out like that?

Bolo.

Do you actually know what a wet market actually is? Most of them never closed, nor was there ever a reason to close them. Most only sell fruit and vegetables.

Do you really think a glorified blog written by someone outside of China has inside information that no reputable outlet is picking up on? Try to be a little more discerning with your sources. Or at least a little more critical of the sources you read. An article that claims bats are being sold that opens with a picture of pork taken before the lockdown started should surely trigger some bullshit alarms.

DriveClub

Do you actually know what a wet market actually is? Most of them never closed, nor was there ever a reason to close them. Most only sell fruit and vegetables.

Do you really think a glorified blog written by someone outside of China has inside information that no reputable outlet is picking up on? Try to be a little more discerning with your sources. Or at least a little more critical of the sources you read. An article that claims bats are being sold that opens with a picture of pork taken before the lockdown started should surely trigger some bullshit alarms.
Its on Bloomberg/MSN as well

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rning-to-life-so-are-its-disputed-wet-markets

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...e-so-are-its-disputed-wet-markets/ar-BB12jGXz

Last edited:

DriveClub

No need to be a dick, I was just asking a question. Didn't assert anything

Grasshopper

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread knows that you can't catch coronavirus from cabbages and are referring to the livestock markets where animals are killed on the spot as they're bought by customers. Freshly slaughtered meat and fish is a huge part of the Chinese medicinal food culture.

And there's plenty of evidence from refutable sources that they're re-opening - hint: Google is your friend.

Bolo.

No need to be a dick, I was just asking a question. Didn't assert anything
My response is not to you asking a question, it is to you sharing a very clearly fabricated article. If being a dick is what it takes to get people to stop propagating lies masquerading as news, then there is a distinct need to be a dick.

Burgey

The amount of ****ing work Mrs Burgey and I are doing working from home is flat out ridiculous. When home becomes the only work place, it's difficult to actually switch off and not work. One day, some of you peasants will know what it's like to have real and important jobs. if and when that happens, take my advice on board, and be sure to set aside time for home/ family.

Here endeth the lesson.