• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

The Hutt Rec

Not a fan of Worker in ODIs, but that may be tainted by the time Larsen called him in for batting cover for a test match despite having a sub-30 first class average.

Don’t think he’s looked good when facing quality international bowling, though.

Daemon

Mods to sticky this please.

Also yeah, don't think India A will chase this with only Shankar and Pandya to come.

TheBrand

Call me crazy but I'd like to see this in the ODI's this summer:

Guptill
Seifert/Phillips (wk)
KW
Ross
Nicholls
Neesh
CdG
Santner
Henry
Ferguson
Boult

Assuming everyone is fit. Definitely think theres some room for fresh blood but I can't imagine they will do it against India in fear of not getting more tours if we dont play our well known cricketers through India.

I just dont think Latham is ODI spec any more, regardless of his last ODI tour to India. But I imagine the selectors will persevere for him for 2023 WC.

honestbharani

The A match love stream seems to be dead. Ishan very unlucky to be run out literally by a hair' s length it looks like. Awesome decision on field though.

Screenshot_20200124-101635.jpg

Flem274*

123/5
Worker has a great eye but he's your classic modern cricketer. He did alright when he played odis v south africa a while back and would be a decent choice but he'd be a left handed jason roy in tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Worker has a great eye but he's your classic modern cricketer. He did alright when he played odis v south africa a while back and would be a decent choice but he'd be a left handed jason roy in tests.
He's a lot less of a hitter than Roy. His List A strike rate is under 80, and while it's come up in recent times and he can certainly go quicker than that on smaller grounds when it's required etc I think at his core he's an anchor opener. I watched most of his innings today and it was Anchor Opening 101.
EDIT: I see you said "in Tests". Yeah, fair call.

I think the scepticism of Worker comes primarily from the gut feel that anchor openers in ODIs should probably be good domestic FC if not Test players. "Hitter" ODI openers failing in First Class cricket seems a lot more intuitive and so they tend to get a pass.

I think this theory probably actually has some substance to it, but between Worker being a fair bit better of late in his FC outings (not enough to deserve that Test squad call-up, but all the same) and the fact that I think this theory is more gut than head, I'd be really interested to see him get something resembling a proper run for a couple of series. Rachin would be interesting too but the opinioned 17 year old stats nerd in me does like the "rewarding long-term performance in the format" angle

Last edited:

nzfan

Jamieson is being smashed here... I thought those couple of overs from Rachin and Jimmy tilted the balance towards us but then Jamieson goes for big runs this over. Give him a break already Bruce. Interestingly is Rachin a bowler who can bat as well? Seems to go all right with the ball.

These Indians just don't give up do they? Even the A team they can bat deep. Good six hitting ability all the way down the order.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Kinda wish I was at the game but then I also like not paying a stupid amount of money for less than half a odi

nzfan

Go Bennett... great to see him playing today.

Munro playing proper cricket shots, nice to see. When he does that he plays best. Both Guptill and Munro have played 11 T20s in the super smash so will know how to go about and at home ground as well (they don't play on no.1 ground much though).