• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

SeamUp

His body language hasn't been very good at all this test match.

Now this....

stuart hess‏ @shockerhess 3m3 minutes ago
More
Kagiso Rabada's been suspended from the 2nd Test at Trent Bridge...code of conduct breach.....more to come

SeamUp

stuart hess‏ @shockerhess 2m2 minutes ago
More
Word is, Rabada told Stokes to "**** off" at some point yesterday. Rabada came into the game with 3 demerit points against his name. tbc

Rabada got into an altercation with Dickwella in an ODI earlier this year - 3 demerit points. 4 demerit points is an automatic suspension

Gnske

Geez is my reaction too. Tell me that hasn't happened before or even worse from Gough, McGrath, McMillan, Donald, Ambrose, Lee etc
Sarwan and McGrath would have been banned from ever even saying the word cricket again after their exchange.

I mean it's utterly meaningless this, you're just ****ing over the paying audience by doing this

SeamUp

Sarwan and McGrath would have been banned from ever even saying the word cricket again after their exchange.

I mean it's utterly meaningless this, you're just ****ing over the paying audience by doing this
A one game suspension for that? Wot

Edit: Ok, I see it's a cumulative thing. But it's still silly.

It is disappointing & seems petty but I suppose it is his own fault with the cumulative thing like you say ORS.

Bijed

More likely it's a cover story to save him some face and he's actually been dropped for letting Anderson nail him for 6

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Geez is my reaction too. Tell me that hasn't happened before or even worse from Gough, McGrath, McMillan, Donald, Ambrose, Lee etc
Surely it depends on the context as to how unacceptable it is?

If it's heat of the moment stuff when he's bowling a great spell and he's pumped up it's ridiculous, if he's randomly abused Stokes from nowhere it's understandable.

OverratedSanity

An ICC statement said: "During the opening day's play in the Lord's Test against England on Thursday, Rabada was found guilty of breaching article 2.1.7 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Player and Player Support Personnel, which relates to "using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batsman upon his/her dismissal during an International Match"

"Thursday's incident related to Rabada using inappropriate language after dismissing England batsman Ben Stokes, which were audible over the stump microphones and also resulted in the batsman to turn before walking off the field."
Just for the sendoff then... seems pretty ridiculous. How the **** does Kohli get away with this then? Some of the **** he pulled in the Australia series was way worse than what Rabada did.

vcs

Yeah, this does sound very harsh.

I'd love to see the demerit points count of Kohli, Jadeja etc.

Maybe BC, MC etc. don't count. :ph34r: :D

harsh.ag

Absolute rubbish by ICC. Idiots. A "**** off" after getting someone out should not and can not be given points. Rabada has to miss a game. **** off, you ****s.

Bijed

Yeah, I suppose really that in terms of the letter of the law, it's more there's loads of others who are 'lucky' to get away with it rather than Rabada being hard done by as such

I use the world 'lucky' tentatively as if this is the law working as intended, then it's basically a bit stupid imo

Biryani Pillow

You should be aware that this applies even in top level Club cricket.

I had one the other week which resulted in a player getting a one match ban, suspended - it was a first offence.

The players, even at that level, learn quickly. A Test player should know it.

Aggressive offensive language has no part in the game.

wpdavid

There's nothing wrong with the law; four points gives them plenty of time to sort their attitude out before copping a ban. Apparently he had picked up 3 points for his previous offence because it involved physical contact, so it really was dumb to do something that he knew would accrue the 4th point.

The only thing wrong with this law is that it's taken so long to come into force. I wonder what the period of time is within which the 4 points have to be accrued.

StephenZA

Stupid law, equally stupid from Rabada to give them a chance given he knew he was on thin ice
Agree 100%

The only thing wrong with this law is that it's taken so long to come into force. I wonder what the period of time is within which the 4 points have to be accrued.
If this continues to be enforced I will be fine with it. But what makes me think this is going to become occasional with few actually coping a ban.