• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Open relationships

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, on a purely emotional level, I don't think I would be able to cope with it. Like, at all. I mean, I googled the girl I am dating a bit at the moment the other day, and it brought up a Daily Mail article covering how her previous partner extravagantly proposed to her. Even seeing that (totally irrationally) made me feel sad and uncomfortable.
Plus side is though there's no way you could be as big a wanker as that.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'm always deeply suspicious of couples (or, more often, one member thereof) who feel as if they have to make a big show of their love for the whole world to see.

cf: Tom Cruise on Oprah. We all know whatsherface from Dawson's Creek just wasn't his type and there was was, ****-eating grin, jumping up onto a sofa.

StephenZA

i'm not a big fan of monogamy as i think i've stated before. divorces are bad but growing up in families that should have been divorced but aren't are even worse.

people should just quit when they don't work together, not drag it out with open relationship bs. that way madness lies.
I am a little confused by this comment. Monogamy and divorce do not seem contradictory to me?

I mean even an idea of open relationship can be interpretative. You can have a polygamous relationship and it still not be an open relationship.

Open relationship really is an idea to allow sexual relationships with multiple partners with impunity.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Plus side is though there's no way you could be as big a wanker as that.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'm always deeply suspicious of couples (or, more often, one member thereof) who feel as if they have to make a big show of their love for the whole world to see.

cf: Tom Cruise on Oprah. We all know whatsherface from Dawson's Creek just wasn't his type and there was was, ****-eating grin, jumping up onto a sofa.
Yeah true. Not the kind of thing I would ever go for at all.

But yeah, I've never been one for big public expressions of love or whatever. I mean, by all means, tell/show your partner how much you care for them. You shouldn't ever sit on the fence about that. But when it turns into a public circus, you do have to wonder whose benefit it is all for etc.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah true, it looked massively wanky tbh. It was some sort of performing arts nonsense. Ballet dancers and people prancing around. Not the kind of thing I would ever go for at all.

But yeah, I've never been one for big public expressions of love or whatever. I mean, by all means, tell/show your partner how much you care for them. You shouldn't ever sit on the fence about that. But when it turns into a public circus, you do have to wonder whose benefit it is all for etc.
Presumably she's no longer with him, so one can draw the obvious inference from that...

Kraken

definitely have to be a certain kind of person to make it work imo. found out the hard way that it wasn't something for me

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, on a purely emotional level, I don't think I would be able to cope with it. Like, at all. I mean, I googled the girl I am dating a bit at the moment the other day, and it brought up a Daily Mail article covering how her previous partner extravagantly proposed to her. Even seeing that (totally irrationally) made me feel sad and uncomfortable.

On a purely practical level though, all other concerns aside, I just don't think I could be arsed. Sounds more or less like being as close to the definition of "more trouble than it's worth" than most other things I can think of.
oh man there's a ****ing video of it on YouTube as well

and of course I just watched the whole thing

goddamn it, why do I do this to myself

Flem274*

123/5
oh man there's a ****ing video of it on YouTube as well

and of course I just watched the whole thing

goddamn it, why do I do this to myself
yea but she's not with this guy. he essentially wasted all that effort. he put all that wankery out there and now you're smashing her. doesn't that stoke your ego just a little?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yea but she's not with this guy. he essentially wasted all that effort. he put all that wankery out there and now you're smashing her. doesn't that stoke your ego just a little?
Yeah of course haha.

It's totally irrational of me to feel this way. And I know I don't really care at all (or at least I am certainly not worried or insecure about it). But it makes me feel sad and weird to see this kind of thing.

zorax

likes this
link me to this plz.

I've only ever been in monogamous relationships. An ex of mine suggested an open-relationship once, when the actual relationship wasn't working out. We never pursued it and our relationship didn't last long after that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
1) sledger doesn't need ego-stroking.
2) He's obvs insecure because if it works out his dull proposal will always be compared to the other one haha.

andruid

Only 40-50% on getting into relationships at all. Not even near contemplating an open one.