• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Open relationships

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You must hate like 90% of social media that is not about politics then. :p
I'm Zuckerberg's last hold out. I don't have a Facebook (or Twitter or Linked In) account.

If the work WhatsApp group I'm a (very reluctant) member of is any guide I think I can truthfully say it's not my bag, no.

Daemon

this has violated about 43 of your data privacy principles sledger, I'm disappointed (and slightly aroused)

Pothas

it's basically a synopsis of how matey boy set up an elaborate secret cinema screening that involved her fave films being mashed into some montage or something or other, and then dancers everywhere, leading to proposal, and how romantic and thoughtful it was etc. etc.

standard puff piece
You seem to get one of those stories every year.

Proposals at sporting events are the absolute worst. Someone did it at half time during the play-off final when Brentford were losing 2-0 to Yeovil, why would anyone do that?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You seem to get one of those stories every year.

Proposals at sporting events are the absolute worst. Someone did it at half time during the play-off final when Brentford were losing 2-0 to Yeovil, why would anyone do that?
Haha were they at least Yeovil fans? Would have been a bit of a downer to do that whilst your team is losing in a massive game, I should imagine.

Adders

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/off-topic/72120-monogamy.html

Here's the original thread you lazy ****s.

I almost brought this up in my interview tbh, as this was actually a light bulb moment for me. I'll have to look back through the thread but Fertang gave me some stern advice in there that really made me rethink my position of sticking in the dead marrage for the sake of the kids. Prompted my rethink and led me to where I am now which is a much better place for me and for my wife.

So yeah, hendrix did start it, and zorax did post **** in it.

Gnske

I don't know how to react to now having a visual reference for our daddy. Apart from printing it out and getting it laminated.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
it's basically a synopsis of how matey boy set up an elaborate secret cinema screening that involved her fave films being mashed into some montage or something or other, and then dancers everywhere, leading to proposal, and how romantic and thoughtful it was etc. etc.

standard puff piece
Could he not have just got 'I am a massively insecure ****' tattooed on his head?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I know loads of people who are either in one or have been in one. Only ever works if each person has a partner basically, to the point it's some kind of weird web of relationships. They tend to fail when one person in the relationship only has one partner, while their partner is seeing someone else. Too much insecurity, lack of attention and jealousy overcomes - speaking in broad terms.

Smudge

standard puff piece
Initials LC?

NZTailender

I believe it was the former.

I generally don't ask about this sort of thing, but have heard plenty of "fed up of having to try to be something I am not, not living life how I want to" etc.
He sounds like Leslie's brief boyfriend Justin in Parks and Recs.

stephen

Studies show that women orgasm more often in committed, monogamous relationships. It's not exactly in most people's interests to be in an "open" relationship. A lot of guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

NZTailender

It feels like most "open" relationships end in divorce/breakup pretty quickly.
tbf one couple I know who have been together for 10+ years are doing fine. Their 'other' relationships don't seem to last longer than 1-2 though.

mr_mister

i'm too greedy and selfish and jealous

i know in theory i'd like the part of this deal that 'benefits' me as i've come to realise lately(i was also told these things by the last girl i dated) i don't like the feeling of being 'trapped' in a traditional relationship very much, i'm really not good at pretending to care/be interested in a person once those strong initial feelings simmer down a bit. the thought of having to talk to someone everyday and always being asked what im thinking about is just scary to me

but i know it would cause me even more torment to be in an open relationship and watch the girl date other guys - i'm far too insecure for that to work

so my answer is no i wouldnt enter one... but i can definitely understand those who would

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
IMO a marriage is basically a partnership

You agree to help each others lives, and to work as a team where you got each ofhers back. Its you two vs the world. You can rely and depend on each other. Its more than love. Its trust. Its loyalty.

But people change. The person your marry will most likely not be the same person in 5, 10, 15 years time. Will they still be the person you made this agreement with all those years ago? Are there inherent characteristics of people that dont change with time, that you can identify and marry them for?

Idk.

Personally i've had so many heartbreaks ive begun to stop expecting anything out of the girls i date. People dont know what they want most of their time, and their feelings can change at the drop of a hat. Add in online dating and busy lives and people just have so many other options with what to do with their time that patching up a not-perfect relationship just isnt worth it to most folks. Ghost them and move on to the next one. Its kinda depressing.

I dont know if monogamy is the future of my generation. I think not.
November 2016 was a bleak time in my life