• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pets

Top_Cat

Hector

6-month old pupbert, has inwardly-bowed rear legs so didn't get to the point of serious training for racing.

Saffy

2-year-old dogbert, was about to race when they discovered she has a heart murmur. Stunning animal, easily the best muscle definition of all the hounds we've had.

Hector and Saffy

Get an idea of the size difference here. Hector's about the size of a fully-grown kelpie and he's dominated by Saffy. She'll hopefully be about 35Kg of solid muscle when we fatten her up a bit.

Daemon

They look like such awesome dogs to have, if you have the time, energy and passion to care for them.

The opposite is true in terms of energy I guess from what you described earlier :p

Top_Cat

I don't have time for high-maintenance dogs! Greyhounds are only marginally above cats for the sheer 'effort' required to keep them happy. They're fine apartment dogs too; like I said above, one of ours went to Tokyo, not exactly known for it's rolling hills and wide open spaces and he seems to be doing quite well from the correspondence we occasionally get from Hiro.

SA greyhound set for Japanese retirement | adelaidenow

That's him.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Evidence cats are not smarter than dogs; despite it being clear that we have one, sometimes two monstrous cat-hating greyhounds inside, if I open the front door even slightly, both cats are usually waiting at the door ready to sprint past me into the house without any thought whatsoever. Sometimes, they get through and are almost immediately confronted by a muscle-bound grindhouse with eyes roughly 10x its size which spent the first two years of life doing little else other than eat, poop and learning to chase little fluffy things at 80Km/h or, in other words, faster than any other cat not named a cheetah. And yet, every goddamn night.......

Your witness, cat lovers.

ripper868

seems like you are the idiot for not owning the cats
Awta.

Had several dogs growing up, mainly Border-Collies and Kelpies as i grew up on a farm. MY first dog was a Border Collie Kelpie Cross, brown with white feet. Best dog ever he was. Had to put him down 4 months before I went off to uni aged 14 due to advanced throat cancer. Put him down on Saturday morning and I played rugby that afternoon, the coach thought I'd been out on the turps all nightmy eyes were that red.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Awta.

Had several dogs growing up, mainly Border-Collies and Kelpies as i grew up on a farm. MY first dog was a Border Collie Kelpie Cross, brown with white feet. Best dog ever he was. Had to put him down 4 months before I went off to uni aged 14 due to advanced throat cancer. Put him down on Saturday morning and I played rugby that afternoon, the coach thought I'd been out on the turps all nightmy eyes were that red.
Never had a pet growing up, but my uncle had Border Collies on his farm. Such awesome dogs in every respect. Always wanted one myself, but having experienced them on farms, can't bring myself to get one in a suburban environment.

uvelocity

Never had a pet growing up, but my uncle had Border Collies on his farm. Such awesome dogs in every respect. Always wanted one myself, but having experienced them on farms, can't bring myself to get one in a suburban environment.
never owned a Border-Collie myself

Top_Cat

Have owned a Border-Collie myself, confirm they're fun. They get restless/grumpy so, for a more fun dog, would recommend an ex-working kelpie. Love those damn dawgs.

ripper868

Smartest most loyal and definitely fun dogs. I should add the Collie I had we got after moving off the farm and into a suburban environment, had a good sized backyard though for him to run around in - you do need to invest time in them though, they are active and need walks most days. Either walks or half an hour of fetching / chasing cats / towing kids on roller blades / skateboards into rose bushes.