• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simple things that you can't do

Howe_zat

Nope it's from the middle finger hitting the top of your ring finger near the base of your thumb.
I was flat out amazed by this. I thought it couldn't possibly be correct and so tried to snap my figers while holding my ring finger in the air, and you're right.

Shady Slim

I was flat out amazed by this. I thought it couldn't possibly be correct and so tried to snap my figers while holding my ring finger in the air, and you're right.
i read this and thought nah bs but i have been Had, and it is indeed true - and i’m a serial clicker, i do a lot of finger guns like some sort of guido

for me it’s gum bubbles as well tbh, just couldn’t do it

mr_mister

Terrible at anything involving balance

Can't ice skate, rollerblade, ski, skateboard, can just barely ride a bike but not very well

Can bodyboard okay though! And have good hand eye so found most sports pretty easy. But yeah, couldn't balance

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Can bodyboard okay though! And have good hand eye so found most sports pretty easy. But yeah, couldn't balance
TIL I genuinely learned hand-eye and balance are not the same skill.

i'm the reverse, I can balance very well but my hand eye coordination is appalling so don't ask me to play cricket :laugh:

Daemon

Yeah that’s what I meant. That part of the thumb is still the palm afaik.
Wait that's not what I meant at all, had no idea the ring finger played a part in this

It hits the top of the ring finger and the base of the thumb :o

Now I'm just clicking my fingers like a madman trying to figure this **** out

This is like when I found out the tongue rests on the roof of the mouth and not the bottom

nick-o

longitude

North and South I just intuitively understand without thinking, but with East and West I have to picture a map and figure it out.

Same with Left and Right: If someone mentions them in conversation I have to look at my hands to work out which is which before I can follow the conversation. Not good when asked for directions, especially if someone's driving and asks me which way to go.

Victor Ian

Balance is easier the faster you go. Learn to crash and you won't look back. If you try those things slow, you're attempting the hardest part first.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Nope it's from the middle finger hitting the top of your ring finger near the base of your thumb.
Poor shri - comes up with the pro-tip for no likes while the others hog the likes for their amazement at it actually working.

Daemon

Poor shri - comes up with the pro-tip for no likes while the others hog the likes for their amazement at it actually working.
Poor shri - comes up with the pro-tip for 1 like while another hogs the limelight for pointing this out

mr_mister

Balance is easier the faster you go. Learn to crash and you won't look back. If you try those things slow, you're attempting the hardest part first.
Yeah I think it may stem from a fear of getting hurt. Maybe I should just cover myself with pads and a helmet and skateboard down a hill

But yeah stuff involving water I was always a bit braver to attempt than stuff over ice or concrete