• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Photography Thread

AndyZaltzHair

I've searched one but couldn't find so starting this thread for photography.

A thread dedicated to the pictures that you have taken. A story behind them as well will be great too.

I'll get it rolling.

Place: Sigtuna, Sweden
Date: 5 June, 2016

Sigtuna is one of the oldest town in Sweden. During my stay, I visited this beautiful town which has lots of old architectural sites and scenes. The town resides beside the lake below. Not sure why I took the picture at the time but it looked amazing that those trees standing in the middle of the lake in the frame. Just beautiful.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

I think the original is called 'What Camera Do You Own?'. It branched out into photos from the original topic. But you can never have too many photo threads!

Son Of Coco

We're enigmatic artists. We craft posts like a microbrewery crafts beer.

I'll kick the discussion off though. Is it a complete **** when people insist on saying they "make" or "capture" photos instead of taking them?

I say yes. A massive, massive ****. The end result is exactly the same regardless of which verb you insist on using.

Bijed

Related I suppose. What is a render? How is it different from a photo?
I always thought a render in an image-related context was to do with computer generated graphics, not heard it used in a photography sense before. I guess it could just be a term for a digital photo, since that's technically a computerised reproduction, maybe once it's been edited?

Tbh I should probably just let someone who actually does photography answer rather than confuse the issue with my speculation.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
We're enigmatic artists. We craft posts like a microbrewery crafts beer.

I'll kick the discussion off though. Is it a complete **** when people insist on saying they "make" or "capture" photos instead of taking them?

I say yes. A massive, massive ****. The end result is exactly the same regardless of which verb you insist on using.
Capture a photo = getting a particular moment, like street photography, etc.

Make a photo = constructing something, kinda like Gregory Crewdson.

Taking a photo = all of the above, and more.

James

Cricket Web Owner
One of my favourite images from a recent trip to Kenya. An amazing country for wildlife experiences.

Daemon

That's brilliant James, must've been quite an experience. Definitely hope to spend a few weeks in Kenya and Botswana at some point in my life.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's brilliant James, must've been quite an experience. Definitely hope to spend a few weeks in Kenya and Botswana at some point in my life.
Sure was. I was amazed by the amount of hunting I got to view from lions, leopards and cheetahs. It is definitely a must visit country for those people interested in wildlife.

Shri

The photo I screwed up and regret to this day:

Was over in a second and I was not quick enough to focus on the cub manually.

Shri

Rhino with a burn scar:

Almost all animals I snapped a shot of were rescued animals in a zoo or some were rarely from road trips I took into wildlife reserves.