• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

vcs

If people want to post their scores I can add them all to a CW-wide chart.
I suppose your intentions are honorable, but this sub-forum is already neatly split into two warring factions that constantly seem to be taking snide digs at the other.

I guess that's politics, and that's real life, but it does make it hard for me to want to post much in this sub-forum. Not sure this will help the cause either.

MrPrez

Not a real surprise, but I truly dislike some of those questions....
Agreed - along with what Spark said, I feel some of my answers were almost too honest - answering the question rather than the obvious implication behind the question.

For example, some of the questions about big corporations had me seeming anti, although it's just because the specific questions were pretty aggressively positioned. Yes, I believe that there needs to be a degree of legislation around companies with regards to the likes of environmental factors. That doesn't make me anti-corporations by any stretch.

Tom Halsey

Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

Strange really, think that's the closest to the centre economically that I have ever been when doing this test. Yet did the test two or three weeks ago when a mate sent it to me and then I was the furthest right I think I've ever been economically, about +3 or so (normally around +2 I think). No idea what I answered differently. Maybe more "agree"s than "strongly agrees".

trundler

chart.png

Don't really have well-defined economic views since I'm not well-read on the subject but the other bit looks about right.

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Groundking

Not done one of these in a while, and I'm in the same area as previously. I dislike a fair few of the questions though, there needs to be a nuetral option.

chart.png

Economic Left/Right: 5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Corrin's going to be so happy

Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

I actually think I'm getting more left wing as I age.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not done one of these in a while, and I'm in the same area as previously. I dislike a fair few of the questions though, there needs to be a nuetral option.

View attachment 24640

Economic Left/Right: 5.5
Yeah some of the questions aren't clear also. Very vague and ambiguous.

Anyway, I would attempt to do this once again, but it's blocked where I am right now haha.

GoodAreasShane

chart.png

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

More or less what I expected, would agree many of the questions aren't great though.

One question was very easy though, astrology is horseshit and those who believe in it are complete mugs.

cpr

Also can we drag Pickup back just to see his scores? His journey to the right over the years makes me wonder if he's a GIMH multi

morgieb

Corrin is about to have a stroke....

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38

Mike5181

Economic Left/Right: -2.5

Edit: double-checked my answers.

Last edited: