• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

vcs

Yeah, and? Lots of political beliefs are demonstrably bollocks.

Conservatives are more likely to feel that there are limits to the usefulness of logic, and so are less likely to dismiss something like astrology entirely. It might just mean ticking ‘mostly disagree’ rather than ‘strongly disagree’.
Yeah but I don't think most political beliefs are demonstrably bollocks in the same way as astrology being so. :p

Anil

November 2003
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.46

November 2004
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

September 2006
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

October 2007
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

March 2010
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

January 2012
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

March 2013
Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

April 2015
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

June 2017
Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

April 2019
Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

So, politically, heading back to where I was ten years ago, particularly on the social spectrum. I suppose this is a reaction to saturation coverage of populist nationalist liars and imbeciles attempting to ruin the country for their own personal hedge funds’ benefit.

However, with Labour and the LDs having vomited out a pair of completely regressive educational policies, I’m once again wondering whether having no functional MP (it’s vote Bercow or protest vote in Buckingham) is in fact a blessing rather than a curse...
welcome back to the light neil! :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I keep getting different scores, stupid test. I’m almost a commie on this latest one. My score the other day would have seen me banned from this forum if [redacted] was the only mod on duty.

01DFA8CE-4AE5-4CD8-8D9C-FFD7CCF04635.jpeg

Pothas

I keep getting different scores, stupid test. I’m almost a commie on this latest one. My score the other day would have seen me banned from this forum if [redacted] was the only mod on duty.

View attachment 24647
PEWS managed to get right to the end once didn't he? Seem to remember being astonished at the the time that it was actually possible. It still makes me out to be more left than I actually think I am, have moved a bit over time but still come out at about -3.

cpr

If people want to post their scores I can add them all to a CW-wide chart.
It looks like a one of those 'recent penalties' graphics sky use before Aguero smacks another at the keeper. At least none of us are going over the proverbial crossbar, though worryingly I seem to be getting close - odd as I feel my politics are economically central but socially liberal.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS managed to get right to the end once didn't he? Seem to remember being astonished at the the time that it was actually possible. It still makes me out to be more left than I actually think I am, have moved a bit over time but still come out at about -3.
The perfect ancap score would be (10, -10) and I don't think that actually is possible given some of the questions seem to count for both axes in a way that will essentially make you either move towards the green score or towards the blue one based on what you pick. I got (6.5, -9.45) once when I was in a particularly libertine mood though (see below), and that tends to be the one I post because it sticks out as being unusual. I usually end up a bit further right and a bit less socially libertarian when I take them though.

Maximas

pol test.png

Outdated test tbh, I never come out as right or libertarian as I feel I actually am when I take it.

I used to come out around halfway down the green before around 2015 or so

I showed my results (-7,-4) to a friend who said "so you believe in freedom for the people - but not businesses" is that ironic thinking? Or is it perfectly reasonable to believe governments (who we vote for) should be able to control businesses somewhat?
nghh

I wonder who that friend was

Last edited:

Anil

It looks like a one of those 'recent penalties' graphics sky use before Aguero smacks another at the keeper. At least none of us are going over the proverbial crossbar, though worryingly I seem to be getting close - odd as I feel my politics are economically central but socially liberal.
same here...the scores here aren't reflective of where i really stand...