• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the "you even lift br0" thread

Days of Grace

Ok, thanks guys.

I actually go to the gym. I benchpress about 50kg, 15 reps x3 and do numerous other weights together with interval training and swimming. My problem is I can never be consistent with it and my diet sucks.

I thought that since tomorrow is the start of the second half of the year I can use it for a beginning to a new diet plan.

It's tough though since when I drink with my mates I eat a lot too, so if I really want to lose this weight I would have to cut down on socializing as well.

hendrix

It's tough though since when I drink with my mates I eat a lot too, so if I really want to lose this weight I would have to cut down on socializing as well.
try not drinking when you go out with your mates. It's surprisingly tolerable if they're actually your mates. Not much fun around people you don't really like, admittedly.

Top_Cat

tbh, for me it depends on what I drink when on the turps. Beer (hello Germany) and spirits don't cause any weight gain but **** me even two glasses of wine takes days to come off. Biggest thing, though, is avoiding all of the post-drinking pizza/chips.

Last edited:

Uppercut

FWIW (not a lot), the best methods of losing weight in my (indirect) experience:

1. Drink only water
2. Eat less sugar (although this actually takes effort, which is ****)
3. Eat chicken and fish a lot, the satisfaction-to-calorie-intake ratio is off the charts
4. Replace white bread with anything that isn't white bread
5. Pay extra for lean meat
6. Do something semi-competitively that requires some level of fitness. I'd recommend squash with an equally unfit friend.

Dan

Global Moderator
Yeah squash is incredibly gun for increasing fitness.

Climbing rocks probably not a bad option either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dodgeball.

We get a day of volunteering at my work so we helped run a sports day in the East End for 3 schools - I was sorer after half an hour of dodgeball than after the Berlin marathon.

Uppercut

Dodgeball.

We get a day of volunteering at my work so we helped run a sports day in the East End for 3 schools - I was sorer after half an hour of dodgeball than after the Berlin marathon.
Next time the Berlin marathon should allow spectators to throw dodgeballs at runners imo.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's bad enough when you hit the 40k mark and you have ****s at the side with 'the only marathons I do are on Netflix' banners.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
FWIW (not a lot), the best methods of losing weight in my (indirect) experience:

1. Drink only water
2. Eat less sugar (although this actually takes effort, which is ****)
3. Eat chicken and fish a lot, the satisfaction-to-calorie-intake ratio is off the charts
4. Replace white bread with anything that isn't white bread
5. Pay extra for lean meat
6. Do something semi-competitively that requires some level of fitness. I'd recommend squash with an equally unfit friend.
Bolded is so true.

I've started tracking my eating on myfitnesspal, it's amazing how much you can actually allow yourself if you make smart choices.

2 quarter pounder chorizo and pork burgers tonight with sweet potato fries and peanut butter milkshake, Was tremendous.

hendrix

Kumara mash with a bit of sweet chili sauce is the best.

Kumara fries themselves are mediocre.

Top_Cat

Sweet potato fries are arse.

Never been terribly concerned with low-carb, myself, as all the oats and rice I eat never got in the way of losing weight. Meh, everyone's different so I reckon the big key is just figuring out how you work.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sweet potato fries are arse.

Never been terribly concerned with low-carb, myself, as all the oats and rice I eat never got in the way of losing weight. Meh, everyone's different so I reckon the big key is just figuring out how you work.
It's just an experiment I'm doing. Traditional nutrition advice for runners is "CARBS NOM NOM NOM NOM" so why not experiment a bit?

edit: GTFO with your first sentence.

wellAlbidarned

Btw, what do you guys reckon about meal timings - do you train first thing in the morning pre-meal, have a full breakfast before training, or have a snall snack like a smoothie?

Burner

Usually I train at night, preferably 2 hours after having my tea and biscuits and 1 hour before lunch. If you are training in the morning, I wouldn't advise doing so with a full stomach because of cramps and stuff. A light banana will do, I think.

Top_Cat

Have never seen a definitive answer in the morning workout thing. Depending on who you talk to, if you don't eat beforehand you're cannibalising your gains but if you do you're burning the food you ate not fat. Me, I ate something but meh. I'm sure there are optimal meal times but I always felt as if there's a lot of mythology too.