• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the "you even lift br0" thread

indiaholic

Aight guys. I'm looking to invest in a mass gainer. Any recommendation/things I should keep in mind?
Don't buy it. Buy a straight whey protein, ON Gold is excellent and then make smoothies with peanut butter and stuff to bump up the calories.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Aight guys. I'm looking to invest in a mass gainer. Any recommendation/things I should keep in mind?
just eat lots of meat and chicken, and skip on the aaloo samosa and you should be good. A side effect would be you could bowl fast as well :p

#eatmeat

Daemon

Don't buy it. Buy a straight whey protein, ON Gold is excellent and then make smoothies with peanut butter and stuff to bump up the calories.
This is exactly what I do. Banana, milk, olive oil, raw egg, and a scoop. Tastes pretty good and it's not that expensive.

indiaholic

Plus if somebody is doing a routine where there is say one heavy lift on a day and there are a bunch of other assistance exercises, then I would recommend checking out the escalating density routine by charles staley for the assistance exercises. Has been insanely good. Maybe just because of how different it is to my usual lifting.

zorax

likes this
What's wrong with an out-and-out mass gainer? It's convenient, and does the job. Is there some massive harm or side effect I'm missing?

indiaholic

What's wrong with an out-and-out mass gainer? It's convenient, and does the job. Is there some massive harm or side effect I'm missing?
The create your own smoothie plan works out to be cheaper. Most of these mass gain powders have more sugar than I would like. Under the pretense of blended proteins they some times use cheaper protein sources compared to whey while still pricing it high.. The calories come from simple carbs and considering that you will be taking around 125g in one serving, I do worry that it will lead to a blood sugar spike. I humbly await the hendrix science slap lol.

Have never bought a mass gainer before but other guys in the gym have and the consensus was that ON Serious Mass tasted the best.

zorax

likes this
Yea I was consider ON Serious Mass, and only half-servings after my boxing/gym sessions. The reason I want smth like this is that I usually end up too exhausted to eat; I have 0 appetite after sport. I need a quick and easy source of protein and calories. A homemmade smoothie would work but its too much effort. If i cbf eating I cbf making a smoothie. Plus i can carry the mass gainer in a tumbler with me when I leave for work in the morning and mix it with water after im done playing, dont have to wait till I get home to have it like I would have to for a smoothie.

Last edited:

hendrix

Kinda with indiaholic on this one but do what you want.

Easy ways to get in extra calories:
- hummus, all day, every day, everywhere. Straight out of the pottle.
- peanut butter. Ditto.
- add frozen peas to every single meal

Otherwise yeah I'd prefer a regular old protein shake to a mass gainer, but I haven't used either in years.