• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the "you even lift br0" thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I lost four stone a few years ago without exercising at all

It's all about not finishing the kids leftovers and drinking beer less and rum more

Keeping it off, on the other hand...

BeeGee

FWIW (not a lot), the best methods of losing weight in my (indirect) experience:

1. Drink only water - Does Diet Coke count as water? I think it does. Check.
2. Eat less sugar (although this actually takes effort, which is ****) - Diet Coke has no sugar in it. Check.
3. Eat chicken and fish a lot, the satisfaction-to-calorie-intake ratio is off the charts - KFC is my favourite food. Check.
4. Replace white bread with anything that isn't white bread - I haven't eaten white bread in years. Replaced it with KFC. Check.
5. Pay extra for lean meat - I can get lean meat quite cheaply. The butter and lard I cook it in can be a little expensive. Check.
6. Do something semi-competitively that requires some level of fitness. I'd recommend squash with an equally unfit friend. - I enjoy shagging the wife. I'm quite competitive too, I always try to come first. Check.
Looks like I'm doing everything right.

So how come I'm still a fat bastard?

Riggins

I've started tracking my eating on myfitnesspal, it's amazing how much you can actually allow yourself if you make smart choices.
I've got onto this app on your suggestion and first impressions seem pretty good. I doubt my guesstimates on quantities are very accurate though so trying to overestimate everything.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If you're OCD like me over this sort of thing, get yourself a cheap set of electronic scales and weigh everything.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Joined up with a local running club tonight. Very hilly 7 and a half miles tonight.

Cousin's a personal trainer so he's going to utterly smash me around the gym tomorrow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it just me, or are people who talk about the amount of exercise they do analagous to those people who talk about the number of pairs of shoes they have?

zorax

likes this
Aight guys. I'm looking to invest in a mass gainer. Any recommendation/things I should keep in mind?