• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

simmy

I cannot understand why we would bat Prior down at 7 with Davies coming in at 4?

Surely we want Prior to have a good long bat... who cares if Davies has some form? The probability of him being needed is remote...

Not only that, surely it is more important to have Morgan batting well than Davies? He is basically the fill in for 6 players.

Rant0r

Davies might be a long term plan, I really don't think they plan for him to have a bearing on this tour, but giving him some experience will benefit him long term. That's the only thing I can think of, I'm sure Prior would have liked a bat, not sure if he kept ? Cricinfo lists Davies as the keeper, would have been a good idea to rest Prior from the gloves on a long tour

Howe_zat

I cannot understand why we would bat Prior down at 7 with Davies coming in at 4?

Surely we want Prior to have a good long bat... who cares if Davies has some form? The probability of him being needed is remote...

Not only that, surely it is more important to have Morgan batting well than Davies? He is basically the fill in for 6 players.
Where did you hear that? We don't know the order until they go out to bat.

flibbertyjibber

They have probably just replaced them in scorecard order from the last match so Davies is down as a replacement for KP.

I can't see Davies batting ahead of Prior and Colly who need time in the middle.

MW1304

I love him but no, they can't just automatically bestow power on the nearest posh person.
Cook posh? I know he from Glostershyer, called Alastair and went private school but he play fer Essex and have plebby voice. I know he not Northern so seems posh but sound like common scum to me.

Last edited:

Jacknife

With Prior dropping 3 catches, I wonder how different it is for him, coming in to play as a fielder instead of the wicket keeper, having never played wicket keeper myself, I would think the transition from one to the other is quite hard, especially when your used to having gloves on.

Son Of Coco

With Prior dropping 3 catches, I wonder how different it is for him, coming in to play as a fielder instead of the wicket keeper, having never played wicket keeper myself, I would think the transition from one to the other is quite hard, especially when your used to having gloves on.
Not that different apparently :ph34r:

Woodster

Strauss gone, bit of a tame flick off his pads, decent innings though. England doing their best to get another left-arm spinner in with a chance of winning a Test cap, Holland now has 2-for. His selection seems inevitable for Melbourne now.

Rant0r

I was about to mention the fact that Holland now has removed both openers, I wonder if it's too late to fly him in to join the rest of the squad

Oscillatingmind

I was about to mention the fact that Holland now has removed both openers, I wonder if it's too late to fly him in to join the rest of the squad
Honestly if Beer fails to perform then Holland with his Beeresque tour match figures, will play in Melbourne, with his knowledge of the home conditions...

outbreak

I've seen Mckay tonk it around before. Wouldn't say he's a good bat but he can definitly have a good tail end knock. I thought the scores were mixing up mckay and herrick with white and hussey. Spewing i decided not to go watch this today ha

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just feeding them runs for a declaration surely. Strauss and Morgan on.
Aye. Have never seen either turn his arm over before. In fact, according to Cricinfo, Strauss had bowled 102 balls in 204 FC games before today.

In answer to Spark's Q "left arm gash" is my guess.