• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan on Strauss/Dhoni

Flem274*

123/5
Nonsense!

Bun....You will do no such thing.

Just insult their (those who disagree with you) mother.

Internet hillbillies can't hurt you if you insult their mother....trufax.
Congratulations, I've now reported you as well.

I'm going to make one thing very clear; insulting other posters will not be tolerated. You are not to call them hillbillies, wankers, or post smart alec posters deriding their intelligence. I don't care if they insist the world is flat. A certain level of respect for your fellow poster is expected.

Let me put it this way; CricketWeb.net is not the YouTube comments section or the Daily Mail.

kingjulian

Oh behave....I didn't insult, i merely instigated.

There is a fine line :laugh:

May be you should ban me and end my misery!

Bun

Banned
Sounds like a good plan to me.

So impatient :p
Its a ****ing comedy when people get banned instantenously for instigating wheras guys get away calling others wankerrs etc. guess diff rules for diiff guys.

Uppercut

It seems what we armchair punters generally consider "aggressive" doesn't exactly work in reality.
There's a lot of truth to this. If a batsman walks down the track to the spinner and eases the ball to long-on for a single, the commentators start moaning about "easy singles" and suggest bringing the man up. If the batsman's finding it "easy" to knock the ball down to long-on, the very last thing I want to do is take away the man posted there.

Modern captains do tend to err on the defensive side. But while I think Dhoni goes defensive a little too quickly, I also think he defends very effectively. The difference between good-defensive and bad-defensive was best shown in the aforementioned victory over Australia when he used an 8-1 field, not just because of that masterstroke, but because Ponting had been trying to defend all series just by putting men on the boundaries and failing miserably.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Its a ****ing comedy when people get banned instantenously for instigating wheras guys get away calling others wankerrs etc. guess diff rules for diiff guys.
How would you know who got away with what?

Last edited:

hang on

dhoni i/seems aggressive in a micro way ....... will promote himself up the order in a world cup final. but defensive when it comes to winning series by a big(ger) margin. essentially a leave well enough alone kind of person unless there is absolutely no choice in the big picture scheme of things.

vcs

dhoni i/seems aggressive in a micro way ....... will promote himself up the order in a world cup final. but defensive when it comes to winning series by a big(ger) margin. essentially a leave well enough alone kind of person unless there is absolutely no choice in the big picture scheme of things.
Yeah, he doesn't have the Steve Waugh/Ricky Ponting type attitude to smash teams into oblivion in any given series. Not that he has remotely as good personnel to call upon as they did.

Bun

Banned
lets cut the crap. you've been baiting me both in my vms and in the forums, I thought initially it was good natured banter over the coming series and didn't take seriously. then u started targeting me saying am a multi, then started calling others multi. spewing hate, alleging nonsense like I did something on your fb, when I dont even know who u are in that medium. and then you go ahead and call me a wanker, a **** and all that in this forum itself..

don't think kingjulian has done a tenth of that. yet you are here and he's gone in minutes after a fairly harmless post (yes instigqating but I took it as a humourous post and left that at it)

it's a ****ing joke..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bun you are right, I am the biggest troll in this forum and in every other thread I am arguing with five or six people (or more). I'm sorry.

honestbharani

Aggressive doesn't always equate to good, though. There's no doubt Dhoni is on the defensive side as a captain, but sometimes that's what's needed. The fact that it works doesn't mean it's aggressive.
This.. He gets the best out of what he has but he is a defensive captain, I do not see how anyone can say he isn't.. But that is not bad by itself at all..

Cevno

Congratulations, I've now reported you as well.

I'm going to make one thing very clear; insulting other posters will not be tolerated. You are not to call them hillbillies, wankers, or post smart alec posters deriding their intelligence. I don't care if they insist the world is flat. A certain level of respect for your fellow poster is expected.

Let me put it this way; CricketWeb.net is not the YouTube comments section or the Daily Mail.
That's good to know.
Hopefully standards are same for everyone:)

Last edited:

Cevno

This.. He gets the best out of what he has but he is a defensive captain, I do not see how anyone can say he isn't.. But that is not bad by itself at all..
Yeah,being defensive is not bad at all.Don't think why people think aggresive = better.Even inventive neccessarily doesn't equal better on every occasion.

Ultimately being effective is what matters.

Flem274*

123/5
lets cut the crap. you've been baiting me both in my vms and in the forums, I thought initially it was good natured banter over the coming series and didn't take seriously. then u started targeting me saying am a multi, then started calling others multi. spewing hate, alleging nonsense like I did something on your fb, when I dont even know who u are in that medium. and then you go ahead and call me a wanker, a **** and all that in this forum itself..

don't think kingjulian has done a tenth of that. yet you are here and he's gone in minutes after a fairly harmless post (yes instigqating but I took it as a humourous post and left that at it)

it's a ****ing joke..
Bun you are right, I am the biggest troll in this forum and in every other thread I am arguing with five or six people (or more). I'm sorry.
Shut it, the pair of you. You're only making it worse for yourselves. Your posting in this thread has been a disgrace.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think Vaughan comes accross as a prick at all in this instance, tbf to him.

Has he said/done something else in the recent past?
I think he's just wrong in this instance, not so much about Strauss, but to say of Dhoni "He is quite an aggressive captain" suggests Mick hasn't been paying that much attention to MS's on-field tactics at all.

Last year he made some rather ill considered comments about Trott & Kieswetter playing for England whilst exonerating his old mucker KP, who's scarcely less South African than either. These kind of pronouncements add to the suspicion more than a few of us hold that Vaughan in retirement has very quickly turned into something of a curmudgeon,