• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Marcuss
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Doesn't sound like its going to cost too much to fix. Maybe $500 all-up. Which isn't too bad, given I got a roof inspection to check the whole thing over for free. Sounds like the roof is otherwise sound, which is good.

We are in NZ Summer Time now, but generally the weather stays poor until November time.
    Haha. Eternal Sunshine? Not in Wellington. Winter here is strong winds and heavy rains. Just doesn't get very cold. We've only had about a dozen frosts in the past 4 winters. The leak's not good, the ceiling has turned to sponge for about a square foot or so.
    I think you need to sign in to see the forum, so no - I haven't read it at all. Plus, I'd rather miss out on the gloating and ****. Just found a leak in my roof, which is my priority at the moment. In 3 or 4 seasons time, people will think the Davis Cup has been named as such because you're a huge tennis fan.

Ambrose has had the collar removed; which he did not like one bit. Got a few nasty bites from him whilst removing it. He seems a bit happier now though, we put a few extra toys in his cage to keep him occupied.

Looking forward to the NZ vs. England game. It will be a case of whose batting order chokes first (likely to be NZ in the absence of Ryder)
    8 - 0 win, I see. Not a bad result. Just got pissed off with that piece of **** following me around like a bad smell. He has some serious mental issues. Its very disappointing that it was something I had to do.

Not too great down here at the moment; feeling pretty crook at the moment. Mitigated somewhat by NZ winning against the Lankans last night. A great effort from Big Jesse.
    Tricks = Things in general. Mates in the UK used to say it all the time, "Ow's tricks guv'nor?" and all that.

I won't be back on that other site. I've changed my password to gibberish so I can't even login anymore. I've realised I have better things to do; such as scratching my own backside.
    This User is On Your Ignore List

Seriously though, "Lolcats" are not funny and not clever. Most importantly they are not funny. They also contain cats, which is quite upsetting in itself.

How's tricks anyway?
    Hi Marcuss, hope you don't mind me asking but coud I please add you as an MSN contact? You seem like an interesting guy tbh.
    Work experience is very important. You could do some now, but I don't think it's essential. It's more important during Uni. Try to see one or two law firms and a few barristers' chambers. They run schemes which, in barristers' chambers, are called "mini-pupillages" - essentially a week's work experience, usually unpaid but sometimes paid (or just expenses paid). Try to see a variety of work. Different areas of law have different attractions. For instance, tax is well-paid but boring (unless you like that sort of thing - ask Wisden18 (Oliver Coddington) who is hoping to become a tax barrister). Crime is very poorly paid but, in its way, extremely exciting. Getting experience of law firms (solicitors) and chambers (barristers) is also important so that you can get a sense of which profession you want to get into.

All this is some way down the line for you, obviously, but the very fact that you're asking these questions is a very good sign!
    If you want to take a year out, I'd say the best time to do it, by far, is between school and university. After university you'll want to be getting on with your career (and paying back the debts you ran up during your student days, unfortunately). I'd advise that you take a year out if you can - it's a great opportunity and you'll approach uni with broader horizons than you otherwise would - but I wouldn't advise that you do it at any time other than the year before uni.
    If you wanted a cool new username, you should have gone with GIMHIMH IMO but nevermind, at least you have the capital letter now, how's 6th form going?
    One final bit of advice: Uni is the best experience I've ever had during my life. A lot of other people would agree with me on that. It's a brilliant time when you can really start living your own life, and you have a lot of time and opportunity to enjoy yourself with like-minded people. Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your time there to the full.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…