• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

SteveNZ

you are ****ing kidding. that's outside the line every day of the week
I know Ian Taylor will tell me otherwise but that's a rat-arse decision. It never looked out - was a piss poor call on field, and should never have been umpire's call. Oh well, it happened in a minnow game, that'll keep the fallout to a minimum.

If you're an umpire, and that decision you deem to be beyond reasonable doubt (as the law suggests) then I hope for your future job prospects you have musical talents close to your similarly-visioned friends S.Wonder and R.Charles.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have given Mortaza MotM today.

Mushfiqur and Shakib performed virtually the same with the bat.

dfrinku

What is going on with Hayden's microphone? He's talking way too close to it and his Ps are really popping. ****in' Canberra.

MW1304

I know Ian Taylor will tell me otherwise but that's a rat-arse decision. It never looked out - was a piss poor call on field, and should never have been umpire's call. Oh well, it happened in a minnow game, that'll keep the fallout to a minimum.

If you're an umpire, and that decision you deem to be beyond reasonable doubt (as the law suggests) then I hope for your future job prospects you have musical talents close to your similarly-visioned friends S.Wonder and R.Charles.
Worst mindset.

SteveNZ

But New Zealand weren't playing in this match.
I wish your country as much luck as you had producing humour in that post.

And yes MW, I agree - a crap decision is a crap decision. But you won't read about it, where you would've in a bigger game in a tighter situation. I doubt a top-line umpire would've given it, however.

Antihippy

Wasn't able to see the afghani's batting innings, but man, they really need to fix their consistency in order to challenge the test nations.

Also probably should have played usman ghani, but that's neither here nor there.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wasn't able to see the afghani's batting innings, but man, they really need to fix their consistency in order to challenge the test nations.

Also probably should have played usman ghani, but that's neither here nor there.
In fairness, they've only been playing (sporadically) at this level for a brief time. How long has it taken Ireland to get to the level they have now?

weldone

Haters, where you at?

Solid showing from bangers.
I especially liked their pace bowling unit. Wasn't it supposed to be non-existent according to haters?

I was always expecting good things from Mortaza and Taskin. Rubel surprised me with his consistency in the first few overs.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loved Rubel Hossain's bowling today. Pacey and superb lengths. Bangladesh is an improving side. May not be among the best in the world or exceptional, but they are certainly at a better place than they were say 5 years ago, in their development.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

The way Afghanistan has improved, it is tremendous. Their batting is weak, yes. However, I don't expect them to challenge test teams without more grass roots activities to improve cricket. The fact that they have achieved so much is amazing in itself.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Loved Rubel Hossain's bowling today. Pacey and superb lengths. Bangladesh is an improving side. May not be among the best in the world or exceptional, but they are certainly at a better place than they were say 5 years ago, in their development.
The best thing is that it isn't all just Shakib, Rahim now. The new guys coming into the team are less spuddy every year.