• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Green Button Moments

Hurricane

We will see how we go with this, may only turn into a 3-4 comment thread. But would be interested in what the likes of CPR and Social have to say when they stumble upon this.

I have been working closely with a broad team at work for the past 10 weeks. Somedays they have been mad at me and the people from head office for not helping enough, other days they have been patient. On Friday we met for the last time this year, someone thanked me for my efforts and I knew I had to say something to thank them for sticking through thick and thin. And I wanted a green button to appear beside me that I could push so that the right words would come out. Suddenly I had nothing to say. Perhaps I should have anticipated the moment and prepared for it, but suddenly it was upon me. I stumbled my way through it and talked about some of our successes and then at the end instead of saying thank you it hit me to pause and finish with Merry Christmas. It was like whatever you have been through on this project enjoy your holiday and Godspeed. It was freaky but it worked. They liked it and somehow knew what I was trying to say and said yeah thanks after I finished and people thanked me for my words.

Have you ever wanted a green button to appear? How did you manage in that circumstance and what was the outcome?

I guess my lesson from my experience this week is that somehow if you are the right person to be doing the talking the message will find a way of getting across.

Do you have moments in your life you want to rewind and go back and press a green button so that something inspirational could have been said. Did it work out for the best anyway?
Have you made a speech before a grand final in your sports league? Has someone else made a meaningful comment?

Victor Ian

The Green Button is to pause, think and take some time before speaking. Time flies when you are put on the spot - but in reality hardly a moment has passed for everyone else. If you are not full of crap, people will understand what you are trying to say, even if you don't really say it, as seems to have happened in your case.

G.I.Joe

I have been working closely with a broad team at work for the past 10 weeks. Somedays they have been mad at me and the people from head office for not helping enough, other days they have been patient
FFS Hurricane, that's not very PC. Women are human beings too.

wellAlbidarned

life is one long green button moment for me tbh, I've just learned to accept that I'm only going to say intelligent things by sheer fluke.

ripper868

Have always found whatever the first thing that comes to my mind will be the funniest/least appropriate thing for the moment. Has worked a treat so far, some people love me, some like me, some are neutral to me, some have a mild dislike for me, some have a greater dislike for me.

I find not overthinking is the key, something I'm sure everyone here is capable of.

Son Of Coco

Green button moments? Sounds like management speak to me.
Look mate, we can't all operate in silos.I implore you to take a helicopter view of the situation and act positively with your cohort to slippery slide a solution that works in this particular space.

Hurricane

The Green Button is to pause, think and take some time before speaking. Time flies when you are put on the spot - but in reality hardly a moment has passed for everyone else. If you are not full of crap, people will understand what you are trying to say, even if you don't really say it, as seems to have happened in your case.
I think for my personality type only, one which doesn't think well on their feet, it is important to have had a stew on events and proceedings in the previous week. Ideally you will have had some insights so when caled upon you can share some deeper thoughts rather than relying on instantaneous inspiration.

I appreciate your response.