• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Matteh

One's an age group GB representative triathlete so they're not wobbly guys struggling to ride in a straight line.

But it's not too different from the incident that claimed Craigos, a driver slamming into a cyclist from behind who had no idea it was coming. Imagine this driver will have been breathalysed but can't confirm the outcome that would make it even similar to Craig.

It's the post-recovery stuff that'll be hard, they'll never trust another car behind them.

harsh.ag

Sad turn of events. You read the statistics on road accidents and deaths and yet it feels surreal when it happens to someone you know. Drinking and driving is especially so stupid now given the existence of Uber. Hope it turns out okay, Matteh

Line and Length

Made
The look on my good lady's face when she saw all 3 'children' (if you can call 60 a child) simultaneously on "Create a Room" on her mobile for Mothers' Day. They chatted for ages. Almost as good as actually having them around.

Ruined
Having to cut down what remained of our lemon tree. In summer we used to sit under its shade sharing a drink and it used to provide fruit for family and friends. Last year a couple of limbs died and others broke due to the weight of the fruit (my fault - I should have pruned it). The final branch died this year. The trunk was cracked and gnarled so out came the chain saw. :down:

Line and Length

Ruined

2 guys I ride with got hit by a car at 50mph, with 1 being air ambulanced to hospital with head to toe road rash and a suspected broken knee. Both had rear lights on, driver must be blind and/or massively negligent. The downside is that generally you can actually kill a cyclist in a car and not get prison time in most cases.
Too many drivers show little respect for cyclists and fail to take due care when passing them. Here in Western Australia drivers must give cyclists a minimum clearance of 1.5 metres if traveling in a 60kph or more zone and 1 metre if under 60kpk. There is a $400 automatic fine for failing to comply. There are also plenty of cycle dedicated paths around the city.

On the other side of the coin I have witnessed what are "Lycra-clad Fools" who are there own worst enemy. I was following a car as it was passing a large group riding 3 and 4 abreast. Just as the car was passing a rider pulled out 5 wide and clipped the passing vehicle. His fall brought down a dozen or so riders and I had to react quickly to avoid a nasty incident. Having to stop and render assistance meant I almost missed my golf tee-off time!

Matteh

Yeah I won't claim every cyclist is absolutely perfect but generally when a cyclist gets it wrong the end result is very rarely serious injury/death, whereas in a car...

Don't really want to head too much down this discussion route though. I've said it all before at various times online and it does get repetitive, plus you're clearly not the Daily Mail sort who needs telling over and over why their points make no sense ;)

Shady Slim

made: was doing an 8km bike today so only a short one, but managed to push up to 40km/h for only the most brief of passing moments, but just to break the barrier was a huge rush

Gnske

Ruined: Submitted a terrible bio of myself for this professional event in the hope I could be living proof that natural selection is ineffective in a post-modern society to give hope to the dogsbodys of the world and it got published.

want to die tbqh

Flem274*

123/5
Ruined: Submitted a terrible bio of myself for this professional event in the hope I could be living proof that natural selection is ineffective in a post-modern society to give hope to the dogsbodys of the world and it got published.

want to die tbqh
you're a featured profile on a dating website?

Burgey

want to die tbqh
Did it say “I dig you”?

Gnske

no but I slagged off a great university of this beautiful nation in the second sentence regarding the paper towel issue i brought up in my interview

Starfighter

Ruined: had to take a fairing off the bike to get at a very minor issue, first time doing it. Two hours and lots of swearing. Why is it that hard? Almost enough to convert me to unfaired motorbikes.

Made yesterday (I'm a lazy git): met someone from high school while out riding yesterday, chatted bikes. I think the first social interaction I've had with someone from school that wasn't at university. I find it funny how I share a common interest with people I thought were so opposite me in personality.

Flem274*

123/5
cleaner at work died on the weekend in her sleep. hasnt sunk in tbh. my team works after hours so we see the cleaners more than most. was joking with her just last week when she asked me to kill her because she cbf with work and mimed diving in front of my car. now she's dead. her dark sense of humour is enjoying this chain of events somwhere.

broke the news to one lot tonight and another tomorrow. not great.

also got the dumbest contractor in existence servicing some equipment atm. he comes in every 6 months and i die inside when he walks in. we pay thousands for this bloke to ask me how to change settings. jfc.

Last edited: