• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
back to the game, i'm not opposed to lynching Daemon, especially after he lied about Halsey's action, but would like to know why RIS is asking so many questions while not cleared.

Red_Ink_Squid

Ah ok, so last night I dreamt of Daemon and RIS.
Ok. 10 minutes ago I would have lynched Halsey on this info.

However I've just been told that zorax took my PoE last night. I wonder if that's what killed him? (I didn't know that the PoE did that. But again, it's kinda funny.)

Not sure on the dream timings vs zorax taking my PoE as that would decide the game.

Red_Ink_Squid

back to the game, i'm not opposed to lynching Daemon, especially after he lied about Halsey's action, but would like to know why RIS is asking so many questions while not cleared.
Hard to say without sounding snarky (sorry) but it's because I'm clear in my eyes (obviously) and I'm trying to play the game.

I can point to a number of things to back this up if you like, but since we know either Daemon or Halsey are lying today and there's only one Maf left, is that enough?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hard to say without sounding snarky (sorry) but it's because I'm clear in my eyes (obviously) and I'm trying to play the game.

I can point to a number of things to back this up if you like, but since we know either Daemon or Halsey are lying today and there's only one Maf left, is that enough?
ask a snarky question, get a snarky answer. fair enough

Tom Halsey

Halsey, the dreams don't detect mafia they detect PoEs.

Reason I'm interested is because if you go back to the N1 narrative, one of the PoE went to the Templar Grand Master which is the only one of those unaccounted for.*

Sledger's dreams indicate that either you or Daemon have that PoE, i.e. are the grand master.

(Incidentally, in that narrative the thief is also clearly a distinct character from the grand master, one of the reasons I've not been suspicious of Sledger.)

Game mechanics bring it down to the two of you. I've been arguing Daemon is mafia since D4 so I'm happy with my choice unless anyone else has anything to share.

*Once you account for mine. As I have.
Ah sorry. I missed that fairly crucial bit of info.

For the past couple of days I've been trying to decide whether the suss posting of Daemon was enough to overcome my prior that he wasn't maf per AZH's investigation.

I think making things up probably shifted it to yes anyway, but if either me or him have a POE and are the grand master then I know it must be him as it isn't me. Appreciate to someone who doesn't know I'm clear that this logic doesn't follow.

If the final POE-holder is the grand master that would fit too with AZH finding him innocent as it sounds like a godfather-type role.

Daemon

Not sure what can be read into those dreams as on one night you dreamt of MG and AZH who are both town.

Very odd that you had no dreams last night.

I had been assuming Daemon was likely clear but now he is making stuff up it seems likely there was a lawyer earlier or he is Godfather.
So you think I'm lying because the person I'm accusing and lynching is saying I'm lying

Ok

Daemon

Ah sorry. I missed that fairly crucial bit of info.

For the past couple of days I've been trying to decide whether the suss posting of Daemon was enough to overcome my prior that he wasn't maf per AZH's investigation.

I think making things up probably shifted it to yes anyway, but if either me or him have a POE and are the grand master then I know it must be him as it isn't me. Appreciate to someone who doesn't know I'm clear that this logic doesn't follow.

If the final POE-holder is the grand master that would fit too with AZH finding him innocent as it sounds like a godfather-type role.
So you clear me first, and now that sledger isn't suss and I'm the only person left to go after you retract that

Daemon

Halsey, the dreams don't detect mafia they detect PoEs.

Reason I'm interested is because if you go back to the N1 narrative, one of the PoE went to the Templar Grand Master which is the only one of those unaccounted for.*

Sledger's dreams indicate that either you or Daemon have that PoE, i.e. are the grand master.

(Incidentally, in that narrative the thief is also clearly a distinct character from the grand master, one of the reasons I've not been suspicious of Sledger.)

Game mechanics bring it down to the two of you. I've been arguing Daemon is mafia since D4 so I'm happy with my choice unless anyone else has anything to share.

*Once you account for mine. As I have.
I don't have a PoE though, which is backed up by sledger's dream (since he dreamed of the two of us and you have one). Based on your logic, you're the Templar Grand Master?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
In the absence of any real defense from the teacher, the Assassins quickly figured out who the last Templar was. With the help of the their allies, Altair and Edward cornered the Grand Master. The extremely skilled Templar fought valiantly but but was no match for Altair with his Apple. He succumbed to his wounds after a long battle.

Daemon is dead. He was Al Mualim.

All Templar threats have been eliminated. And with that, the hold of the Animus was released and Desmond Miles was able to wake back up whole, and himself. He had come close to being a vessel for another deity, but he had survived that trial thanks to the actions of projections in the Animus... the crazy Animus dream was over and he was back to trying to figure how to bide his time at Abstergo and escape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaining roles:

Magrat Garlick (Altair ibn La Ahad)
Tom Halsey (Edward Kenway)
Red_Ink_Squid (Niccolo Machiavelli)
seldger (Antonio de Magianis)

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
Ah well. Weak finish to a good game

Well played RIS, MG and Uppercut. Thought you all played a good game

I came inches away from an outright win in the last two night phases only to get thwarted by the PoE items. We severely underestimated the value in having them. Basically didn't bother to look for them the entire game.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't think anybody picked up on the little hints I left in every write up as well as RIS, and zorax to some extent. Made me happy they survived almost till the end.

zorax

likes this
Hey zorax. This was meant to be a hint.

I honestly didn't know you'd catch fire though.
Yea I knew you were threatening me, I just decided it was a bluff. If you see my win condition I had to go for you that night, no way around it

Ultimately it was MG who killed me and not you. I couldn't foresee another town kill after we got the vig lynched.

Had I survived I would have pushed for the Sledger lynch this day phase on the basis that you got your POE stolen. The all I needed to do was survive the night phase to be the winner

MG shutting down all our night roles the night before that was annoying too - we would gotten the kill through and won otherwise

Again, ultimately we should have probably chased the PoE items a bit harder (and killed you earlier!)