• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phrases or expressions which should be banned from CW:

HeathDavisSpeed

The phrase "gash".

Not picking on you here, Maximas, but your use of it has reminded me that it has a tendency to be overused on here. For me, using it once constitutes overuse.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
CDM's.

It shouldn't be used because I have no ****ing idea what it means - Scaly uses it in the football thread often. I always think central defensive midfielder but it doesn't make sense in the context he uses it.

Hurricane

The phrase "gash".

Not picking on you here, Maximas, but your use of it has reminded me that it has a tendency to be overused on here. For me, using it once constitutes overuse.
debated whether to like this or go with an awta. Opting for the latter - gash reached its zenith when Swingpanzee was labelled thus and quickly fell from grace.

Dire was perennial

Pothas

CDM's.

It shouldn't be used because I have no ****ing idea what it means - Scaly uses it in the football thread often. I always think central defensive midfielder but it doesn't make sense in the context he uses it.
Haha it used to make more sense when he used it all the time because Henry and Arsenal were his particular hates at that time, love that he still uses it when half the people don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Cheating, diving mercenaries I believe is what it means.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it's Crybaby Diving Mercenaries, tbf.

"Cheating" & "diving" being pretty much the same thing in this context, I suppose.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
CDM's.

Haha, yeah I had no clue what it meant till I asked a weak or two ago. The closest I got was thinking it was his nickname for Arsenal because of our absence of central defensive midfielders in recent years. :unsure:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha it used to make more sense when he used it all the time because Henry and Arsenal were his particular hates at that time, love that he still uses it when half the people don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Cheating, diving mercenaries I believe is what it means.
I think it's Crybaby Diving Mercenaries, tbf.

"Cheating" & "diving" being pretty much the same thing in this context, I suppose.
Haha, yeah I had no clue what it meant till I asked a weak or two ago. The closest I got was thinking it was his nickname for Arsenal because of our absence of central defensive midfielders in recent years. :unsure:
Haha thanks bois. Yeah Cabinet, that's what I was thinking but really it just didn't make sense. I'm glad I now know.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Him being one of those people.

Son Of Coco

'cut stroke'
'pull stroke'

Unless you're parked on the lawn at Lords eating cucumber sandwiches and wearing a striped blazer whilst authoritatively discussing a game you know nothing about.