• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

vcs

Being completely serious here, but AI absolutely does make the same mistakes it's made throughout its relatively brief history haha, and this is often probably attributable to how it is designed.
Very much so, since you train it on data sets that contain all the inherent biases accumulated through human history, you have to take explicit steps to debias the resulting algorithms.

https://www.wired.com/story/ai-biased-how-scientists-trying-fix/

It's actually a pretty well known and studied problem with a lot of effort being undertaken to fix it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah exactly. It's why whenever I come across papers that suggest machine learning initiatives, automated decision-making etc. are bias/prejudice free, or value neutral or whatever, I just roll my eyes.

honestbharani

Its just very hard to remove bias on anything human beings create or conceive. We have our flaws and they continue in what we create, really.

Gnske

i bet sledger is ai, every post is so consistently correct and beautiful in the error of its formation

flem / athlai to be decided

Athlai

Not Terrible
i bet sledger is ai, every post is so consistently correct and beautiful in the error of its formation

flem / athlai to be decided
The concept of artifical intelligence / "true AI" reflecting humanity is one of my favourite topics in the world. I legit want to write a Sci fi novel about it.

ajdude

shout out to ajdude who was getting pulled up for ISRs 5 years ago and got over it.
even got a personalized announcement about google ads in a VM from Dan all those years ago. can’t tell me there wasn’t any notice, you ****s should be just stalking my VMs more often