• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What have you achieved during Lockdown?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nice! Great your missus is on board. I'm not a super annoying audiophile but I did have a **** turntable once that did actively damage some of my records to the point the audio quality degraded, so I tend to make a point of pointing that out to someone so they don't make the same mistake I did (unless I don't like that person. Congrats).
Yeah a couple of my old Oasis vinyls that I bought at the time of release aren't in great nick and I think it's because I didn't look after the needle etc when younger. Recently bought some new styluses and the wife picked up a record cleaning kit too, When I buy used vinyl from Discogs, I get to work with that cleaning kit and you really do see the difference.

Only time I actually enjoy cleaning tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
At the moment I just have a mid-range turntable and some decent speakers. Got another turntable in the loft that was an 18th birthday present from my grandparents.

We are working on moving to a new place as we need to get away from here, it'll likely be 2021 but the by product will be finally getting enough room to do things properly. Top of my list is one of the new model old school hifi stacks you can get to go in the living room. Missus is on board so that's the plan.
What speakers (and amp) are you thinking of using? I'm thinking of investing in a hi fi setup once the SO moves to Aus, but unlike headphones/desktop audio solutions this **** is too expensive to really experiment with. Gotta be right the first time

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not looked into it in too much detail yet because there's a huge risk if I do I will splurge the cash now. And I don't have the space for the setup I envisage right now.

Will be keen on taking tips when the time comes.

honestbharani

Stay strong, grecian and Starfighter. Please do seek professional help if your symptoms don't improve. And do reach out to your support systems, friends, and communities, including us at CW.

And Athlai, good going man. One of the most under rated things with respect to mental health stuff is the impact sharing of positive experiences of professional therapy can have on folks who are a bit indecisive about going that route. The more stories we have where people actually get better with professional help, the more the wider community will recognize the need.

duffer

Take care everyone, especially those who are struggling.

As someone who has suffered through periods of depression, this lockdown has been a daily struggle even with a loving family at home with me but I'm somehow making it.

I really love and appreciate you people on here, more so than 99% of the people I know offline. You're all great.

duffer

Depression, stepping up on the alcoholism, and hey I am working, so no real excuse. I was already on anti-depressants, going to work is stressful, but staying home is like being in a loop of listening to Ed Sheeran.

Other than another stone going on, **** all really, oh and I also found out without sport my weekends are pointless, bring it back, perform for me guinea pigs, get in the petri dish of stadia's you'll probably be alright.

I'll get by though, I normally do....
Welcome back mate

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Learned a bit of Italian.

Built a raised bedding area and raised vegetable patch in the garden and dug out the area to build a patio area.

Started growing a few plants for said bedding areas.

Have completed Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami (for the forner, there's a ridiculous 3 year gap between the trophy you get for starting the game and the trophy for completing chapter 2)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Take care everyone, especially those who are struggling.

As someone who has suffered through periods of depression, this lockdown has been a daily struggle even with a loving family at home with me but I'm somehow making it.

I really love and appreciate you people on here, more so than 99% of the people I know offline. You're all great.
he...no i can't do it

vcs

I had a bad day and vented on here a couple of weeks back. Immediately felt much better after a bunch of people replied to me and cheered me up. :) Love you all. All that happened to me was my boss shouting a bit at me after I struggled with some stupid problem. I can only imagine how hard it must be for people who don't have readily available support systems and go through much bigger problems in life.

SillyCowCorner1

I had a bad day and vented on here a couple of weeks back. Immediately felt much better after a bunch of people replied to me and cheered me up. :) Love you all. All that happened to me was my boss shouting a bit at me after I struggled with some stupid problem. I can only imagine how hard it must be for people who don't have readily available support systems and go through much bigger problems in life.
You have shouted back at him.

vcs

You have shouted back at him.
I don't shout much.. but I've grown a backbone recently. I told him I am not comfortable working weekends and unreasonable hours, especially these days with nothing else to take your mind off. I've told him on a couple of occasions that I found the criticism unconstructive. I think the message is getting through. Perhaps he's stressed as well

Matteh

Re-watched Death Note for the first time in years. Really, the whole story would've been a lot different if Light just chilled the **** out from the start instead of trying to kill everyone that worked in law enforcement. Plus the second half is a bit - here's a new/returning character, 2 episodes later, they're dead.

A massive amount of blog posts that are just queuing up ready to go so I don't really have to do much for a bit. Plus going down the affiliate corporate greed route because I want some money.

Smashing out Strava KOMs because it's fun to go fast on a bike.

Spark

Global Moderator
I've not looked into it in too much detail yet because there's a huge risk if I do I will splurge the cash now. And I don't have the space for the setup I envisage right now.

Will be keen on taking tips when the time comes.
Make a thread when you do, I suspect I'm going to be in a very similar boat when the time comes

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've done a course with the open university about asynchronous online teaching, and how to do it well etc. Pretty good on the whole.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Re-watched Death Note for the first time in years. Really, the whole story would've been a lot different if Light just chilled the **** out from the start instead of trying to kill everyone that worked in law enforcement. Plus the second half is a bit - here's a new/returning character, 2 episodes later, they're dead.

A massive amount of blog posts that are just queuing up ready to go so I don't really have to do much for a bit. Plus going down the affiliate corporate greed route because I want some money.

Smashing out Strava KOMs because it's fun to go fast on a bike.
Haha yeah, I remember us saying years ago, that once he managed to get past the cameras hidden in his house stage, it would have been pretty plain sailing. I think that's kind of the point though in some ways. Shows that he was ultimately an egomaniac who was determined not only to win, but to eliminate all of his adversaries completely in doing so. True god complex stuff to go along with his "gaaad of the new wuurrrrllld" thing.

fredfertang

During lockdown my life has only changed in one way, that being that I no longer have to come up with ever more imaginative reasons for being such an antisocial ****er