• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, knew it would be 2015. Voted Lib Dem that year. I’d happily talk to you about how my brief foray into the octopus banana section of the compass was part of my journey to where I landed now but not here.

GoodAreasShane

It shouldn't really be a political issue at all imo, just an issue of basic logic and reason. Have nothing but contempt for that sort of blatant charlatanism

Uppercut

It shouldn't really be a political issue at all imo, just an issue of basic logic and reason. Have nothing but contempt for that sort of blatant charlatanism
The fact that you think this way says something about your political outlook.

EDIT: that sounds more critical than I meant it. I agree with you. I just mean it’s a good question because it indirectly brings out something about how you see the world.

Last edited:

morgieb

On a serious note, will get anyone in the top half of the authoritarian/libertarian scale? Everyone here is either a leftie or a libertarian.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
November 2003
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.46

November 2004
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

September 2006
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

October 2007
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

March 2010
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

January 2012
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

March 2013
Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

April 2015
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

June 2017
Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

April 2019
Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

So, politically, heading back to where I was ten years ago, particularly on the social spectrum. I suppose this is a reaction to saturation coverage of populist nationalist liars and imbeciles attempting to ruin the country for their own personal hedge funds’ benefit.

However, with Labour and the LDs having vomited out a pair of completely regressive educational policies, I’m once again wondering whether having no functional MP (it’s vote Bercow or protest vote in Buckingham) is in fact a blessing rather than a curse...

vcs

The fact that you think this way says something about your political outlook.

EDIT: that sounds more critical than I meant it. I agree with you. I just mean it’s a good question because it indirectly brings out something about how you see the world.
What he said shouldn't be a controversial statement TBF. Astrology is demonstrably bollocks.

Uppercut

What he said shouldn't be a controversial statement TBF. Astrology is demonstrably bollocks.
Yeah, and? Lots of political beliefs are demonstrably bollocks.

Conservatives are more likely to feel that there are limits to the usefulness of logic, and so are less likely to dismiss something like astrology entirely. It might just mean ticking ‘mostly disagree’ rather than ‘strongly disagree’.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's also about how much you trust estalblished sources of knowledge and that the world is fundamentally an ordered one, at least at the level of correlation.

StephenZA

It is amazing how people trust sources of knowledge when using a mobile but need some sort of mysticism in giant rocks and balls of gas to explain why they lost their job and can't find a girlfriend/boyfriend....