• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Feminism thread

harsh.ag

Yeah

IISc is good. IITs are all about churning the applicants and admitting the extraordinarily bright ones, who were always going to turn out great. Seem to care more about placement offers to undergraduates than anything else.
Yes. Big props. Takes in just a handful of students each year too.

OverratedSanity

IITs are all about churning the applicants and admitting the extraordinarily bright ones, who were always going to turn out great. Seem to care more about placement offers to undergraduates than anything else.
You went to IIT didn't you? you smug bastard

Ikki

I've seen the education background of a lot of prospective migrants from India and yes there are a lot of educational institutions not worth their salt. But so what? Not every degree is worth the same or treated as if they are as representative of great education across the board. Harvard certification has more weight than those from Edith Cowan University. The good Indian education institutions will rise to the top. This is not a new. I fail to see how this is in whole a bad thing.

vcs

You went to IIT didn't you? you smug bastard
I don't particularly like the way they do things though. The whole JEE preparation thing is a massive scam (which I participated in both as a student and a teacher). It's a pretty disillusioning, pointless rat race.

With India's population and the amount of competition to get in, there is no other way, sadly.

ankitj

A lot of above is creepy behaviour rather than true harassment in the legal sense as far as I can tell but I know very little. Was it different in US and rest of West?

vcs

Haven't heard of any of those guys apart from Chetan Bhagat. I guess they'll run out of server space on the internet before they finish documenting creepy behaviour by Indian men.

ankitj

And no one would be surprised that Bhagat is a creep. His lead male characters are always low self-esteem creeps. It says a lot about the author.

Last edited:

vcs

Now there I disagree. It's possible to be a low self-esteem introvert nerd without being creepy. And anyway, his fictional characters shouldn't be used to speculate on his personality.

His books are ****, though.

Anil

Now there I disagree. It's possible to be a low self-esteem introvert nerd without being creepy. And anyway, his fictional characters shouldn't be used to speculate on his personality.

His books are ****, though.
get the feeling you are talking about yourself here...:)

ankitj

https://twitter.com/khanumarfa/status/1048891910243471361?s=19
Dear women,pls distinguish bw natural Human behaviour& harassment.
Flirting,wooing,pre/post marital affairs/*** is not harassment unless it’s forced upon you sply by men in position of power
This is too precious for us 2confuse it
V certainy aren’t trying to be moral police here
I think this is in response to Bhagat's chat screenshot being made public. A reasonable point?

ankitj

Well, I don't know how #MeToo happened in west, but lot of stories being outed in India are just creepy persuasion and in some cases post-breakup clingy-ness. I am sure people involved felt traumatized but is that the point of this movement?

But of course some serious harassment has surfaced too. Latest being the "sanskari" old man of Bollywood, Alok Nath who basically committed rape according the accuser!