• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

Uppercut

Yeah after the initial conversation I barely even considered the possibility that Milenko was insane rather than paranoid. I didn't even mention his report when I was trying to avoid being lynched.

Which I'm still salty about ftr. Shocker of a lynch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah after the initial conversation I barely even considered the possibility that Milenko was insane rather than paranoid. I didn't even mention his report when I was trying to avoid being lynched.

Which I'm still salty about ftr. Shocker of a lynch.
Nah, I wasn't convinced you were maf but innocent victims were all good for me. Just hoped my hard push for it might have spared me from maf going after me but wasn't to be.

Spark

Global Moderator
Good game, thanks Spark.

Still don’t know wtf happened to me n3
Driver swapped zorax and Marcuss, you'd tried to track zorax. Marcuss had tried to protect srbh, but zorax had stopped anyone from visiting srbh so Marcuss ended up visiting no one.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, I wasn't convinced you were maf but innocent victims were all good for me. Just hoped my hard push for it might have spared me from maf going after me but wasn't to be.
Yeah of the 7 lynch votes, 4 were maf/3rd party, and I think bandwagoning did the rest.

Daemon

Driver swapped zorax and Marcuss, you'd tried to track zorax. Marcuss had tried to protect srbh, but zorax had stopped anyone from visiting srbh so Marcuss ended up visiting no one.
Haha me tracking morgie who visited two people the next night made me so certain he was the driver

Spark

Global Moderator
Also if I run another historical-themed mafia game (which I think I will do, I enjoy themes like this) I'll probably compile a list of two dozen or so possible names that could be in the game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha me tracking morgie who visited two people the next night made me so certain he was the driver
Haha that was basically a case of right call, wrong reasoning. But once that happened I was pretty sure town would win, even if dead people chat was less convinced

EDIT: Capture.PNG Here are all the characters + roles btw. Apologies to any Marquis de Lafayette fans out there.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dead QT?

Zorax thought my roleclaim was OP but that was actually my role in wrestlemafia, however since sledger never explained the roles I figured what the hell.

Not going after milenko sunk us, we were so convinced he was paranoid we just focused on Napoleon. Morgieb not being available when the lynch got going on Daemon was a big miss. From there I was a dead man.

Could gimh just visit to convert?

Spark

Global Moderator
Dead QT?

Zorax thought my roleclaim was OP but that was actually my role in wrestlemafia, however since sledger never explained the roles I figured what the hell.

Not going after milenko sunk us, we were so convinced he was paranoid we just focused on Napoleon. Morgieb not being available when the lynch got going on Daemon was a big miss. From there I was a dead man.

Could gimh just visit to convert?
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/kSp3jmKEiegP

GIMH had no power role beyond a double vote, I'm not entirely sure why everyone thought he was a cultist. His whole thing was that alive at end of game = hard win for 3rd party.

zorax

likes this
Re: lynching Hasley

I was pretty sure we had two maf left, and was 100% on NP10 being maf. Halsey was 50/50 maf or town for me, which is why I pushed to lynch him first. Was beneficial to my win condition anyways

Totally did not expect mortician to be 3P. Didn't expect NP10 to be the last maf either.

Winning this was always going to be hard once GIMH died with only 2 other 3P left.

Uppercut

Yeah I didn't think you were genuine, but Milenko and Daemon were two of the Town votes and both had reports corroborating what I was saying.

I thought you'd done enough to spare yourself from maf too tbh, but reading the thread their calculation made sense.

zorax

likes this
Yea I hammered UC because I was fairly certain he was telling the truth and that Vig wouldn't be 3P. Marcuss was spot on for calling me out as 3P based on that lol

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I still maintain three sane/naive/paranoid cops would have fit the theme better, and but clearly Spark has a lesser opinion of Robespierre than I do

Spark

Global Moderator
I still maintain three sane/naive/paranoid cops would have fit the theme better, and but clearly Spark has a lesser opinion of Robespierre than I do
Haha I actually have quite a high opinion of Robespierre compared to many others. But there's no doubt that he went properly, properly mad ca. February 1794, probably because of some unspecified illness + mental breakdown. There's no way to describe the Cult of the Supreme Being other than just cartoon supervillain level of megalomania.

But yeah I tried to fit the theme into a preferred setup more than the setup into a theme. Otherwise most of the revolutionary leaders would have been cops, journalists and town-sided framers/lawyers/vigilantes with >three factions. Which maybe I should have, it would have been a real mess.

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
What I feel the game missed was a way for Hasley and I to identify who Napoleon was, or some way for 3P to identify each other. We could have strategised a bit better.

Spark

Global Moderator
What I feel the game missed was a way for Hasley and I to identify who Napoleon was, or some way for 3P to identify each other. We could have strategised a bit better.
I deliberately didn't give you an active way to do so, mostly because of how incredibly powerful your role would become if so.

zorax

likes this
Could have given me less power. Feel like with a win condition like we have, it would have been nice to have some way to identify/communicate with other 3Ps

I suppose the 3 of us should have found some way to drop subtle hints to each other