• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

News related stuff that doesn't really deserve it's own thread

zorax

likes this
How about the protests in HK. Staggering turnout. You join in zorax?
Yup. There's another one happening Wednesday afternoon - dunnow if I can join that. That's potentially a riskier one too, right outside govt building while they're discussing and potentially signing in the bill. The extremists will be there so the protests could turn violent again, even tho it would be midday and have a lot of civilians.

harsh.ag

Yup. There's another one happening Wednesday afternoon - dunnow if I can join that. That's potentially a riskier one too, right outside govt building while they're discussing and potentially signing in the bill. The extremists will be there so the protests could turn violent again, even tho it would be midday and have a lot of civilians.
Yeah, could get ugly if they have made up their minds already.

zorax

likes this
****'s pretty crazy out in HK now

Some of the overreactions from the locals tho...calling it a war scene, saying this would be the end of HK as we know it, that the police's attitude is akin to those of the Nazi's during the holocaust...

Daemon

Some of the scenes from my friends out there are insane. The entire highway is just covered in a sea of people.

Market is picking up real fast.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
D89fySpX4AEP73I.jpg D89fySiXUAAUBgV.jpg

so that's what a tipping point looks like (yes, yes, I know 'surface melt' just means the melting process has started, it's still ****ing scary)

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What would be a legitimate way to obtain the contents of a grave?
Wait for it to be legitimately abandoned and then go take it, I suppose. I see no reason to assume the Egyptian government is a legitimate owner of it more than anyone else.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wait for it to be legitimately abandoned and then go take it, I suppose. I see no reason to assume the Egyptian government is a legitimate owner of it more than anyone else.
This is quite literally the starting argument for like 95% of colonialism.