• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

News related stuff that doesn't really deserve it's own thread

zorax

likes this
If this keeps happening I'm going to have to reconsider where I live tbh. Hopefully this is an abberation and not the new norm

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah horrible stuff. Lots of evidence of police practically assisting the gangs.
It is incredibly and mind-bendingly dire. It is literally the manifestation of one of my worst fears. Wouldn't even wish this sort of crap on someone as inadequate as Zorax.

vcs

so-called freedom of expression
That's comforting, coming from a Government official.

The overall rhetoric is so similar to what the right wingers in India spout when they're trying to shut down "anti-national" views.

zorax

likes this
Protests took their usual violent turn around my neighborhood tonight.

Glad to be far enough from the action ATM, but was hectic getting back home through it.

harsh.ag

Protests took their usual violent turn around my neighborhood tonight.

Glad to be far enough from the action ATM, but was hectic getting back home through it.
Print some anti-spoon pamphlets and distribute them around the protest

zorax

likes this
General strike in HK today

Clashes are getting increasingly violent. It's the 9th weekend in a row that we've had fights between protestors and police. The protestors have taken to damaging and vandilising buildings and property, are creating more home made weapons, and are coming up with various strategies and technique to cause chaos and escape the police. They lit fires and blocked roads to go alone with the general destruction of property (especially government and police property)

The police, not satisfied with tear gas and rubber bullets, have started getting more physically violent, and have started trying to force their way into residential areas and harass media and passerbys.

There was also a clash outside a police residential building, with citizens of the neighborhood fighting with residents of the dorms. Police staff in the building shot rubber bullets and threw things out of their windows, protestors responded by throwing brokers and rocks at them. Some of the staff came down into the street to engage in brawls.

All the while the government doesn't demonstrate any leadership or take any action to address the protestors demands. They're intent on waiting this out. How far this can escalate, idk.

Today's general strike has seen the HKIA use just one runway instead of two, as a big chunk of the aviation staff -including half the air traffic controllers- have 'called in sick'

Road and MTR traffic are congested - apparently in some parts, protesters with cars have taken to driving around in circles just to slow down things.

The usual tactics of blocking MTRS, roads and buses have been used in bits and pieces everywhere

It's really hard to focus on anything else in this environment. HK economy starting to really suffer

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
We're safe, and it easy enough to avoid the violence (though now that they're dropping tear gas in residential areas we might need to invest into stronger windows). The concern is where this is all going to end in. It's like living week to week ATM. I can't tell you what HK is going to be like even a month from now.