• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

zorax

likes this
Our neighbourhood Facebook group has turned into a deranged bunch of vigilantes obsessing over what others are doing and threatening to report everyone to the police. This is going to be an interesting few weeks.
sounds like real life Mafia

ankitj

Does diamond princess cruise give good insights into real CFR of Covid? Would need to be controlled for age.

Daemon

Is there a 'real' CFR?

It probably depends on so many factors in varying degrees like amount of testing, access to healthcare, restriction measures, culture, nutrition, age distribution etc etc

I'm no scientist but it does seem like it's dangerous to rely on the data we do have at the moment without trying to put it into context.

hendrix

I mean it's very very likely that China is hugely undercounting its cases. But so is the US! The fact that it's for different reasons doesn't change that.
We know what he's trying to imply though don't we?

It's not even that all other countries in the world were corrupt lying authoritarian dictatorships, as that in itself wouldn't excuse the US' failure.

It's that the white countries here are poor innocent victims of even stupid non-white falsifiers and Nothing Could Have Been Done In The Face Of This Great Evil.

Gnske

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Resorting to radical leftist thinking will ensure we succumb to this crisis.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We know what he's trying to imply though don't we?

It's not even that all other countries in the world were corrupt lying authoritarian dictatorships, as that in itself wouldn't excuse the US' failure.

It's that the white countries here are poor innocent victims of even stupid non-white falsifiers and Nothing Could Have Been Done In The Face Of This Great Evil.
Yeah. His positing here, as it is in most other threads he frequents, is totally disingenuous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There are already examples of the police over here acting in a really dire way (i.e. trying to make out like the law now criminalises anything but "essential" travel, when it fact it does nothing of the sort).
The police are the enemy of the people. Should have a national minutes booing for them at 8pm.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The police are the enemy of the people. Should have a national minutes booing for them at 8pm.
All these videos they are uploading to their twitter feeds, showing them kicking people out of parks and other similar areas are pretty grim tbh.

"Essential travel only" is not the ****ing law, even under these new powers ffs. In fact the legislation doesn't use the word "essential" once I don't think.

In fact, quite the opposite, it says that travel "with reasonable excuse" is fine.

Granted, "with reasonable excuse" allows for a wide scope of interpretation, and is a problematic standard in itself. But in no way does it say that the only type of travel allowed is that which is "essential". Pricks.

Uppercut

Derbyshire police tweeted a drone video of an elderly couple walking their dog in the Peak District threatening to prosecute them. They've had the powers for 2 days and they're already getting hard-ons for all the new ways they can treat people like ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Derbyshire police tweeted a drone video of an elderly couple walking their dog in the Peak District threatening to prosecute them. They've had the powers for 2 days and they're already getting hard-ons for all the new ways they can treat people like ****.
Yeah, this is a prime example of what I was talking about tbh.

It's bad enough when any public authority uses a discretionary power in an utterly dickish way, but it's even worse when they clearly don't understand the power itself and are not only using it in a dickish way, but in a way that is clearly ultra vires.

Last edited:

cpr

Can we stop using CFR as an abbreviaton please, I keep glancing at the screen and thinking y'all blaming me

(also 16 years and I'm now finally considering changing it ffs)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't wait to see the stats re: how many times these powers were used against young black blokes relative to non-young black blokes btw. Bet that'll make for really great reading.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf at least I'll be able to be mean on twitter now with all the resources redirected to catching people walking.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
cann hall.png

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was actually this week.

But personally don't think that was why. Think he just hated every second of it and knew he'd not be able to get through it live.

Messages like that are only enjoyed by folk like Tony Blair, RTB and Burgey, after all.