• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you thinking right now?

Shri

Cover letters are absolutely pointless. If it's not in your CV, then I'm not interested. When people contact me about a job I'm hiring for, I say to them, CV only, please don't upload a cover letter. And then they upload a cover letter anyway and I don't read it. Just **** off.
The most irritating thing about this post is the fact that you hire people

andruid

Reviewing my applications over the past month, I realize I have a serious inability to proof read my cover letters.

Shady Slim

i have a template for my cover letters and i had a job interview for a place back in january, and i only realised sometime after the application looking back on it that i left "COMMENT ON THE LAW FIRM'S PRACTICE AREAS AND WHY YOU'RE INTERESTED" in it there in giant letters

i didn't get the job but i think that had more to do with them being tories and asking my political affiliations and me stupidly divulging, but for that same reason i'm glad i didn't tbh

well

that and because i've got no interest in corporate law, employment law and personal injury have far more justice available to be wrought imho

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
i have a template for my cover letters and i had a job interview for a place back in january, and i only realised sometime after the application looking back on it that i left "COMMENT ON THE LAW FIRM'S PRACTICE AREAS AND WHY YOU'RE INTERESTED" in it there in giant letters

i didn't get the job but i think that had more to do with them being tories and asking my political affiliations and me stupidly divulging, but for that same reason i'm glad i didn't tbh

well

that and because i've got no interest in corporate law, employment law and personal injury have far more justice available to be wrought imho
Haha they asked for affiliations? Bloody hell.

Shady Slim

left myself a little open to it by mentioning my political ambitions on being asked my future plans, and i should've found a way to tactically dodge it when i was asked, but it's still an absolute no-no of a question; tho it wasn't the right position for me anyway so in hindsight i'm pretty glad it wasn't the one that got up

Shady Slim

final exams this semester all done and though the last one beat me like a rented mule (it was an economics exam bc you can’t do just a law degree here, you’ve got to do it along with another degree) i thought across the board i went pretty well

andruid

My internship/ practicum grade comes out tomorrow. Virtually the only thing standing between my and applying for graduation.

Shri

final exams this semester all done and though the last one beat me like a rented mule (it was an economics exam bc you can’t do just a law degree here, you’ve got to do it along with another degree) i thought across the board i went pretty well
Haha nice. Law degrees are weird in India. You can't study it after you pass the age of 30 lol

Shady Slim

Haha nice. Law degrees are weird in India. You can't study it after you pass the age of 30 lol
that's bizarre, a lot of people here do a JD when they're a bit older. quite quite a few of the people i work with at this firm i'm at have taken that route and the business model we have rewards that

for me i can't wait to get in to practice; two and a half years down, two and a half to go so exactly halfway. litigation, too, and hopefully in personal injury or employment law; all respect to the soulless faceless ones who take a job at a big six firm to underwrite contracts for the rest of their days but it's just not for me (sike, btw, no respect for that at all)