• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What beer do you drink?

cpr

Also, BrewDog have opened a bar in town, selling pretty much all their range on tap. Most of it comes in 2/3rd pints (anything over 7-8%), or shots for their stupid stuff (Sink The Bismark - decided to avoid that one so far)

_Ed_

Yeah, that one sounds a bit excessive. Went to one of their pubs in London and really liked the couple I tried - think they were a pils and an IPA.

GotSpin

Hey, I'm 17 years old (almost 18). It doesn't matter what you drink, the aim is to just get drunk at my age.
Actually, to be fair, when I was 17 my friends and I drank TEDs every weekend. Hate the beer now though.

That aim doesn't change if you ask me either

_Ed_

We went to an awesome local Mexican restaurant for a workmate's farewell lunch today, and I decided to try the novelty 'Headless Mexican' drink - big mistake. I couldn't choose between a beer and something more exotic, so this seemed a good compromise. It's a Corona with a shot of drabuie and a shot of tequila. ****ing powerful, and not particularly pleasant. Cringed after every sip, much to workmates' amusement.

VCC44

Managed to pick up a few bottles of Adnams Broadside and Adnams Bitter at the weekend, fantastic stuff.

ripper868

Scored a free Carton of Bulmers Apple Cider.

Never been a cider man, but this stuff is not a bad drop. Verrry tasty.

Not going near Octsober ftr.

grecian

I've just bought some Perlenbacher Festbier from LiDL, it's on a limited release at a quid a pop. Recommended best drop I've had in years.

Dan

Global Moderator
I generally stick to either Cartlon Drys or Tooheys Extra Drys. I'll drink most beers though as I'm not that fussed really.

I'll drink Woodstock though when I can afford it :p.
So, so typical for a then-17 year old of our area.

Generally I'll grab Coopers Green or Reschs on tap, or buy craft beers otherwise. Currently got some White Rabbit Belgian Pale Ale and Kosciuszko Pale Ale lying around. Also found the 650ml cans of Sapporo to be an expedient method of getting drunk.

YorksLanka

more of a single malt man myself but when i do drink lager(in case the real ale fans get offended) it tends to be Peroni / Stella /Amstel /Brahma(which i have recently discovered) & Cobra...not all atthe same time i might add:blink:

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Right now, German wheat beer.

There are some decent ones being brewed around the Oktoberfest, can't get near the Belgians but at least slightly less watery and bitter than the usual fare.