• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chess

Marcuss

My game against UC looking like it might go the way of my normal games which is just 'capture all the material'.

AndyZaltzHair

UC too strong. I think game over now. I miscalculated that rook could take knight there but bishop did not let that happen

Spark

Global Moderator
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/256319318

Marcuss beating me with 97.9% accuracy. I thought I must have ****ed up badly somewhere but my play isn't even that bad.

I think my biggest mistake was not trading pawns before starting the Hail Mary attack on his King, but the engine barely notices.
Looks to me that white got a small but clear advantage out of the opening - control of the centre, space advantage and lead in development - and just didn't let go of it.

CricAddict

My username in Chess.com is RajaVikram1 and am quite interested in chess. Please send me a friend request if you are interested. I usually play 3 minute or 5 minute games there.

Uppercut

Pretty pleased with nabbing a rook off UC with a poisoned pawn. Gonna be an intriguing endgame
Yeah haha I missed a fork, forgot my king existed after playing up material for so long. Not a very even endgame, I'll just be hoping for a blunder.

CricAddict

I have sent friend requests to few people who have mentioned their usernames here. My username is RajaVikram1. If anyone is interested, do send a challenge in the app and we can play.

vcs

I'll challenge any of you chess nerds to a game.

Rules are :

1.) There is only one knight on the board.
2.) Both players take turns to move the knight to a square that hasn't been visited so far.
3.) The player who is left without a legal move loses.

To make things easier, I'll even let any of you go first and pick any point to start. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'll challenge any of you chess nerds to a game.

Rules are :

1.) There is only one knight on the board.
2.) Both players take turns to move the knight to a square that hasn't been visited so far.
3.) The player who is left without a legal move loses.

To make things easier, I'll even let any of you go first and pick any point to start. :)
there is a numberphile video showing this problem I think