• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chess

Uppercut

Creative stuff from AZH.

I need a break from the daily games, I somehow can’t stop them taking up a silly amount of headspace.

AndyZaltzHair

CW Chess Championship 2020

Welcome to the first ever chess championship in the history of CW.

I’m thinking about a format that will suit us all. We can do ‘one move per day’ or ‘one move per half a day’ whichever suits the majority. Blitz will be difficult to arrange due to timezone difference. Please suggest and we can decide on a format depending on number of participants.

Registration is open

Players so far:

GotSpin

Couple interesting games on right now. Particularly tough struggle with Spark while I've had a really slow game with Marcuss too

Spark

Global Moderator
Couple interesting games on right now. Particularly tough struggle with Spark while I've had a really slow game with Marcuss too
This is a really, really weird game. The position has been incredibly sharp since about move 5, it feels like.

CricAddict

"Quite interested" eh, looks to me like you've played 20,000 games :p.

Pretty impressive rating too.
Thanks UC. Yeah :) addicted to chess almost as much as cricket. But more than 90% of those 20,000 are blitz (3-minute games). Almost lost touch on playing a normal game now :laugh:

Uppercut

This is a really, really weird game. The position has been incredibly sharp since about move 5, it feels like.
Haha I only really played blitz until recently and it’s much more tactically different than I thought. Initiative is less important in the day games because you have time to defend properly.

CricAddict

I’m thinking about a format that will suit us all. We can do ‘one move per day’ or ‘one move per half a day’ whichever suits the majority. Blitz will be difficult to arrange due to timezone difference. Please suggest and we can decide on a format depending on number of participants.

Registration is open

Players so far:
Count me in, AZH.

CricAddict

Haha I only really played blitz until recently and it’s much more tactically different than I thought. Initiative is less important in the day games because you have time to defend properly.
Yeah, I am realizing this too. The thought process is as different as T20 and test cricket. As AZH has mentioned below, it looks a very tough game right now.

CricAddict

Registration is open

Players so far:
Can we do both regular and blitz championships? Saying this with a biased view as I see more of a chance for me to get through the rounds in blitz while not too sure about regular. :)