• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corporate Mafia - Game Thread

Athlai

Not Terrible
This was the first game I've played where people have paid attention to messages like that tbh. It was just a flavour thing suggested by Athlai but Teja made great use of it to confuse the **** out of everyone. WAG/C.
Haha yeah a man after my own heart.

honestbharani

Gotta say, being called names by Shri is just one of the fun things in CW.. VI and GIMH can lose it at times too but Shri is just, Shri... :) Too bad we could not avenge you, buddy. I tried. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It kind of makes it interesting but the big thing Shri does in mafia threads is bring 'real life' CW into it. Like he'd be more likely to lynch someone if he'd been arguing with them in another thread,

honestbharani

Juz another thing I wanted to post here before this thread gets buried... VI, it was awesome sharing the QT for the duration of this game with you. I think you are a better player than you (and others) give you credit for and you should just back your own instincts a bit more. I had as much fun losing this game with you as the maf seemed to have winning. :)

morgieb

Under the request of Daemon/GIMH, rankings:

Town:

1. Red Ink Squid - with Marcuss dying early and most of the other gun players not Town RIS was pretty much on his own. Though his reads weren't fantastic originally he did an excellent job with doctor saves and did start to try to lead the Town after a while. Only after he got hit did Mafia really take the acedency.
2. RossTaylorBox - a pretty OK performance first up. Did do the Maf's dirty work by lynching Halsey but at that point it was only a matter of time. Ranking second probably says more about the field than himself, though.
3. honestbharani - on the plus side, his reads were pretty solid and if he had just a bit more confidence there's a high chance that he would've put the Town right back in it. Alas, just didn't have the experience to lead the Town effectively against the web of lies and deceit.
4. Shri - bipolar game from him. Nearly broke the game right open and if he had gotten just a little bit more trust in his ability he would easily rank first. Sadly, self-imploded when Maf argued against him.
5. Victor Ian - I tended to tie in him with HB when talking about the Interns, but realistically he seemed the weaker link here. Seems like a lot of the more hare-brained ideas that they came up with came from him, and reads were overall less effective.
6. AndyZaltsHair - pretty much anonymous. Game mechanics did hurt his ability but seemed to add little. Given he has a bit more experience than some of the Town the Town really needed him to step up, IMO.
7. sledger - just wasn't invested. Lynch votes seemed to come without any real thought and that hurts twice as hard coming from the double voter. In his defence did jump in late, but yeah, not good.

Marcuss not rated as he died before all the **** went down and if he was alive the game would look A LOT different. Myself not rated because I died before I could do anything.

Mafia:

1. Teja - dominant performance. The memos were brilliant pieces of art, and was smart enough to come up with a claim that scared the **** out the Town to the extent that he was barely touched all game. From my understanding he was the main leader in Mafia discussions too. All round brilliant.
2. GIMH - a close second, his claim was helped by the real cop being bumped off early but because of this his claim remained convincing for the whole game. Arguably the cannier of the two, but played slightly less of a leadership role so only ranks second here. But realistically, these two could be tied for first overall.
3. srbhkshk - more of a sideshow to the main stage theatrics by Teja and GIMH, but remained savvy enough to fly under the radar and his claim was a sharp one when the Mafia just needed one good day to take it out.
4. Howe - it's only because of how excellent the rest of the Maf went that Howe ranks last; he was still good but the one bad decision from Maf came from him (killing RTB rather than RIS) and overall seemed slightly less certain of how to tell porkies than the others. Perhaps a case of being too experienced.

3P:

1. Tom Halsey - got lynched, was a massive mind**** all game. Played his role to perfection.
2. Uppercut - did an excellent job when hunting for the CFO, some of his interviews were great value. Maybe could've handled his revealing of Howe as the CFO better, arguably could've claimed a Town role (though I dunno what an appropriate one would be), but even then Town probably should've listened to him.
3. Magrat Garlick - it's hard to really rate her performance as her role would only be relevant if she had discovered the CEO in time. GIMH wasn't a bad guess but given the nature of his role she probably should've worked out it was Teja. As it was, didn't have a real impact on the game.

(harder to rate third parties due to their winning conditions being vastly different to the others, and is tricky for an observer to work out)

Victor Ian

Magrat much higher for me. Did you guys not see her sell the lie of powers to bestow on whom she chose. Had two hungry dogs begging at her feet.

Victor Ian

Juz another thing I wanted to post here before this thread gets buried... VI, it was awesome sharing the QT for the duration of this game with you. I think you are a better player than you (and others) give you credit for and you should just back your own instincts a bit more. I had as much fun losing this game with you as the maf seemed to have winning. :)
Cheers mate. Likewise, right back at you.
Our QT was great fun. You had a good read of me and knew when I was serious, sarcastic or joking. A great pleasure to be grouped with.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Magrat much higher for me. Did you guys not see her sell the lie of powers to bestow on whom she chose. Had two hungry dogs begging at her feet.
She literally had that power. I mean it was deeply unlikely she would use it on you guys but it wasn’t out of the question.

Victor Ian

hb was way better than me
Don't belittle yourself. You can only make do with what you have and it is so much easier having a QT to use for sounding out ideas. You were pretty on song all game. You got srbhkshk right. There was nothing else for you to find as this game had stuff all visiting roles after marcuss was dead and srbhkshk was a ninja.
I enjoyed your brief stay in Intern's QT too.

Victor Ian

She literally had that power. I mean it was deeply unlikely she would use it on you guys but it wasn’t out of the question.
Ahh - OK. I thought it was a brilliant lie.

She would have used it on us. We grow on people...or wear them down.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Have to say that srb's performance in that AZH lynch was the best single day performance in the game. Not just because of getting the AZH lynch through but he suddenly became this ultra-believable villainous acolyte of Halsey who devlishly conjured this up to protect Halsey while Halsey was engimatically laughing into the night without even voting for AZH. I couldn't have done it with as much authenticity.

I lost it when GIMH unlynched after maf knew AZH was hammered but town did not and srb immediately replies in the thread gratuitously with 'oh, ffs.!'. :laugh:

Credit to Howe for the dreamer idea and Halsey for sowing the seeds on either Howe/srb being innocent and cometh the moment cometh the man. Flintoff in Ashes 2005 ****.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

Nah, I would have given myself more credit if I had managed to get one of VI or HB to vote for that lynch, don't think Sledger was that heavily invested in the game.

honestbharani

Although HB did vote for it initially so I guess I'll take 50% or something, haha.
Well, I clearly said it was only to get info from him. He was on my suss list all along though, somehow when you came out of the blue I suddenly did not believe it anymore. :laugh: